Christmas Gifts for Women

A note that I live by… Always make your own coffee, especially for those reasons.

6 Likes

That’s only a start, bad news… it’s only going to get worse.
All good with cash, the more the better!

7 Likes

I found out my wife has her own wing at the local store!

8 Likes

What woman doesn’t want a pearl necklace? :innocent:

9 Likes
9 Likes

They made it sound… well… like… sexual almost. :sunglasses:

10 Likes

What most women don’t know, thankfully, is the difference in a culture pearl and one collected from natural sources. The price tag.

Several years ago I found a pair of natural black pearl earing’s in a thrift store-pawn shop. They didn’t know the difference. Got them for the price of cultured.

Here is what I know, a fact. Should you go shopping for pearls don’t buy new. The older natural pearls are worth substantially more “if you can find them”.

There are few, if any, left in the seas to harvest anymore. So, buying natural pearls means finding a vintage pearl or antique pearl jewelry…

IMHO, in the future natural pearls will be more valuable than diamonds.

7 Likes

I’m guessing… just guessing… that there is a language or cultural difference between Canada and the US regarding the term “pearl necklace”.
Who is going to explain this better without getting banned? @Thatoneguy ? You started the whole thing by posting “that song”. I was simply trying to help @cico7 narrow down a gift for his beloved wife.

8 Likes

See above from @Moosecall

He called it!! And mind the puns as far as how deep holes go :+1:t2:

7 Likes

Sorry about that, I got into the weeds again.
My brother always said. I asked you the time and you told me how to make a watch.
My bad!

7 Likes

Believe me. The price tag is well understood here. My wife was born in June of which pearls are one of the traditional birthstones.

The contemporary stone is freaking Alexandrite!! You want a price tag, look for a natural one with high color shift. It literally cost me a year of savings to get her one.

5 Likes

Yup, I always keep an eye out for natural pearls. You have to sometimes make a guess on the history, but if you have a bit of knowledge to look for you can still find natural ones out there. But they are a lucky find at best.
Can I make a guess, a large sized one, naturally round, on the black-peacock colours range. $2,560.00

5 Likes

Guys……
Go for a nice DEEP London Blue topaz.

Nothing says “I :heart: Love You” more than something that’s been hanging into a nuclear reactor/radiation source for a few months to years.

5 Likes

Might as well go all the way and get a necklace made with pitchblende. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Antique shops and dig through the costume jewelry like you said. Found a few nice things that way. Natural pearl ring, turmaline necklace, and a nice old pair of Stacy Adams shoes for me.

5 Likes

You nailed it. Best place to find the good stuff.
OK so now I’m have to go and check a few places out. TYVM. LOL

5 Likes

I’ve found that some sensible lingerie is a great gift idea!

10 Likes

6 Likes

Had to look that one up. Wasn’t aware it was a form of Unraium. Thanks for the lesson :+1:t2:
Uraninite crystal are beautiful though.

6 Likes

And very, very leathal.

I was totally joking.

We had a pitchblende crystal group in the geologist office, can’t say where, and it was kept in a 2" thick lead box with a safety seal and warning tags.

A true story.

Back a bit some geologist I know went to check out some pegmatites, sorry about the term, and they went across the border not knowing. All hell broke loose, lights sirens the works. Finds out that when they checked the truck they had samples of pegmatite with pitchblende crystals in them.

Had to do a lot of explaining.

Just an FYI.

7 Likes