M*CARBO Brotherhood

Cheap, Homemade Targets

Years ago, when my kids were young (my son is 36 and my daughter is 32 now) we used to play a game we called desert golf. We live in Kingman Arixzona. We would go to a rock quarry in the desert and would place a golf tee with a golf ball on it. The first person would shoot at the golf ball. (there was a surrounding cliff about 100 yards from where we were shooting at) You’d keep shooting at the golf ball until you missed. Then it was the next persons turn. The first person that reached the base of the cliff with their golf ball won. Many times, my seven year old daughter (at that time) would reach the cliff first! Great memories that we still talk about!

12 Likes

4 Likes

Slo-mo. Shaving cream can, concrete filled can and paint inside concrete.

5 Likes

Crackers. Saltine, graham, Ritz, whatever is available.

8 Likes

Found some new targets in the dipsy dumpster today.and I repainted the rest of the gang.:boom::boom::boom::grin:

7 Likes

15 Likes

i used to smoke Vantage cigarettes and used the
cartons for archery targets

11 Likes

I have made my own “splatter” targets in the past that work pretty well.
I paint a piece of poster paper with bright paint such as orange, pink , or hi-viz green. Then cover it with clear package tape. I then paint it all black and draw my target with a silver sharpie.
Shoot it and the bullet hole will be ringed with the color under the tape.

10 Likes

Reminds me of what I herd an old guru say “When we’re young we have more time than money, as we get older we have some time and some money, then we get to an age where we have more money than time”.

5 Likes