M*CARBO Brotherhood

Cheap Ammo Online

I’'ve found lately that the cheapest place to get ammo online os at FedArm.com. But the problem is they are often out of stock and you have to Waitlist yourself. And make sure not to save a couple bucks by getting their “Range Grade” ammo. Expect at least 2-3% FTE or FTF.

I discovered that Ultramax has gone out of biz. I reckon they’re a victim of the Trump Slump.

I’ve bought bulk ammo from Classic Firearm before. Fairly decent prices but the shipping isn’t free and they tend to take a week or two to get around to actually shipping your order.

Anyone else got any bright ideas? Looking for .380ACP, 9mm and 5.56.

Thanks,
A-Argh15

9 Likes

@A-Argh15 Ammo Supply Wharehouse ? No complaints, Great Service, Just a Idea

6 Likes

thanks! I’ll check it out.

I tried www.gun.deals because they are an aggregator of suppliers’ deals, all things gun-related. But right now the prices on 500 rds of bulk .380 were a little too high.

I’m on my church’s safety team and we train monthly at a local range, hence the need for bulk ammo.

6 Likes

Good price, fast shipping. About once a month they offer free shipping.

8 Likes

I am not big on buying ammo online…my usual tactic is buy a couple boxes of 5.56 and 9mm every time I go to the country store or any store that has them as long as they are decently priced. It doesn’t take long to have a lot of it and isn’t as hard on the pocket book. Spreading it across a few brands and lot numbers is never a bad idea either.

6 Likes

Sgammo.com is my go to ammo supply. Good prices and really fast shipping.

11 Likes

I buy majority of my ammo from Sgammo.com. They are no non-sense. They tell you the shipping cost directly when looking at the item (bulk) and don’t have hidden fees. They ship extremely fast as I’ve always had my order on my porch within 4-5 days max of placing the order. For most part I haven’t found many cheaper either. They have and stock EVERY caliber it seems and it’s not any reload company as they deal manufactures from all the real companies.

11 Likes

Keep an eye out at PSA(Palmetto State Armory) sign up for their daily deals. Bought 1k rounds of 556 and 10pmag combo they had for $299 shipped. They run great deals on 223/556 and 9mm all the time

10 Likes

Try here I have found some really good deals here https://www.ammoman.com/380-auto

7 Likes

Hello, I order from Target Sports USA (https://www.targetsportsusa.com) joined membership, they ship free to my address.

14 Likes

Cheaper than dirt. Not the best, but not the worst either.

6 Likes

I’ve done the same. Need to use it more to take full advantage of it but free shipping and knowing I’m gonna get a good price, if not the best, without having to deal hunt, is nice.

7 Likes

also if your a member, your not stuck buying bulk, you are able to mix ammo types by the box with free shipping.

7 Likes

I also buy from SG. Another place I’ve found with great pricing & shipping is Outdoor Limited. Right now they’ve got Fiocchi 115 FMJ for .159 per round. OutdoorLimited

5 Likes

Gunbot.com is a great place to see who is selling the least expensive. Try there site.

6 Likes

@10Speed Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.

4 Likes

I like Cheap as Dirt. There are so many though. There are some phone apps that will search out what type ammo you want on the web. The good websites included. That works pretty good too for looking for good deals on ammo.

Just an FYI and from another thread, see below. These guys never returned not one of my 20 phone calls.

.40 cal bullet on the left is Viper, bullet on the right is American Eagle. Viper ammo is at least 1/8” longer and you can see the bullet is not set all the way down into the brass.

Do not buy anything from East Coast Reloading Supplies – Viper Ammo from North Carolina. I wanted to sample their ammo, so I bought 250 – .40 cal “Reman” rounds. They sent me 250 bullets that every bullet was out of the brass too far, at a minimum 1/8” on every round. So I tried to call for 2 weeks, no answer. It was cheap and no big loss, and I have a friend that can set them right. But if I had ordered a 1000 rounds, I would have been very mad. Just an FYI!

7 Likes

@10Speed

Welcome to the MCarbo Brotherhood, Justin!

5 Likes

Careful seating them deeper, especially not knowing what powder and how much they used. Seating deeper could cause an Overpressure issue. If you have a friend that reloads maybe see if he’ll buy them off you for components. He can tear them down and the reload to his specs.

Id be hesitant to trust proper powder charges if they can get OAL set properly

9 Likes

You can’t go just by the O.A.L. of a bullet to know if it’s loaded properly. Example, I load both Speer GDHP and Hornady XTP-HP in 9mm. Both are 124 gr. Hollow points. The O.A.L. of the Speer is 1.120" and the Hornady is 1.060". It is more dependent on bullet construction and how the ogive of the bullet engages with the rifling in the barrel and how much free bore there is before contacting the rifling.

7 Likes