M*CARBO Brotherhood

Charging bolt cover

Trying to determine how well the charging bolt cover has worked and held up for those of you that have it. Sub 2000.

4 Likes

@joeymann WELCOME TO THE FORUM JOSEPH

2 Likes

@joeymann Welcome to the Brotherhood Joey. I have slight arthritis in my fingers. I got tired of ripping the flesh off of my finger so I went with the double finger charging handle with covers. Works for me. Others have installed the recoilless charging handle which also makes it easier to operate.

3 Likes

@joeymann Welcome to the Brotherhood Joey. After the First Time,I got Bitten and Bloody by the D**N Handle I made mine’ Cut off the end of a Broken Mini Mag Flashlight housing and Sleeved it, Enclosed Picture! :grinning:

7 Likes

Thank you . Happy to be in the Brotherhood. Great info here.

5 Likes

Thanks for the welcome. Great idea you have there. I ordered the cover for the charging Handel. I’ll see how it works and go from there.

5 Likes

Welcome Joseph

I bought the slide over rubber tube style and it seemed a bit loose at first but now I don’t even notice. The main gain for me was the better grip. Although not any longer as other upgrades is obviously much better than the bare steel. It’s also holding up just fine, no problems. BTW I believe this is the cheapest of the upgrades M*CARBO stocks for the changing bolt handle? Several options are available, I might upgrade in the future. Also, if it makes a difference, I am a lefty and find accessing the charging handle and examining the breach is convenient.
Cheers

5 Likes

Thank you so much for your input. I have a cover on the way and will see how it works out for me.

5 Likes

I had a scrap piece of black tubing laying around and cut two small pieces for my two finger charging handle. Soaked in hot water to soften then slid them on. Works great! You can probably find similar tubing at a hardware or pond supply store for next to nothing.

Charging Handle Cover

7 Likes

Same idea here as well. Piece of funny pipe out of my irrigation box and wrapped it with paracord

4 Likes

Welcome to the show!

3 Likes

Awesome. Getting lots of ideas. Excited to be a member of the Brotherhood. Thank you . The pic looks great.

3 Likes

I purchased the recoil reducing charging handle but don’t like the short and thick feel. I think I want the double finger handle but I don’t like the thickness of the covers. I don’t see the dipped one available any more, what happened to it? Will MCarbo bring it back?

3 Likes

Hey Jeff, this is Joe a brotherhood member. I bought the cover and am going to live with it. If you replace the charging Handel you will have to deal with the locking pin every time you disassemble the weapon and remove the handle and bolt. Be careful what you wish for .

3 Likes

@jw3104 Purchased a double finger dipped handle a few years back and it didn’t take long for the rubber to peel off. Just buy a can of rubber that you dip tool handles in, it does the same thing.

5 Likes

Hey Joey, yes I already have the new thicker handle and noticed the pin is a pain in the butt, so now I am not cleaning as well as I should. I did use the method of using the spring to insert but had to use some bike grease as I didn’t have any clear grease sitting around. They really should include some with each order of those as there really is no other way.

4 Likes

Good Idea! I may just get the grips as even with the thicker they are not as thick as my current and the length will help the most.

2 Likes

@jw3104 welcome to the frum jeff