M*CARBO Brotherhood

Changing The Paradigm

Seeing how my students take to the Sub2000 and how well they do with it has me thinking…what else am I wrong about?

I have some serious issues with much of the training and even some of the gear and weapons that is popular these days. (Go ahead ask me about shotgun breachers…I dare you!) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I am thinking the CMR30 might be worth a second look?

Typically my students are older, usually veterans, but not always, and with very limited firearms experience.

What is your guys opinion on the CMR for defensive action training such as I run?

how bout them breechers?

heck, give the CMR 30 a whirl, when you work something, you can tell if it suitable or window dressing…

@GOBLIN remember the old “bump and pull back” method?

Every time I see a guy show up with a breaching device on his shotgun I just shake my head in disgust. Some of this tacticool bullshit is getting out of control.

What do they think they need it for? It is purely a specialized entry tool. (A sledge would make more sense) and unless you are an LEO or planning some home invasions it is a joke. :laughing:

yea, but think of all the money to be made from the use of past their prime 1 1/4" hole saws… lil fileing here, lil threaded adapter there… and 50$ on the open market!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

i still favor a halligan bar, that and det cord. 1001 uses for that you know…:wink::wink::wink:

I always thought about putting one of these on a AR. just cause. can you imagine how it rings like a tuning fork every shot ?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:zmtdangle-500x500
at $250 a clip!!!

Buck you crack me up! (And you are probably not far off the mark.) How many guys who actually have these even know what to do with them? And a lot of these breachers are garbage. If you sink those lil serrated teeth deep into a wood door panel your gonna have a problem.

+1 on the Halliagan tool. :+1:

I have been giving this a lot of thought, and I think I am gonna change my courses significantly.

@GOBLIN kinda like the nimrods that buy this?

I know that with action and reaction, if a breeching tip is built for show and no go, in other words to short and not enough porting, that pressure going to peel it like a banana LOLOL , if thats all you brought to the party, yer better off usein yer foot, less damage.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Problem is unless you are in the home invasion business you are on the defensive. Generally speaking all of your doors swing inward so you would be kicking against the frame! :laughing:

Now if ya had 4 of those spikes, you could use em as tent pegs on a tarp :smiling_imp:

thats the one thing that made me go hummmmmmmm on the UZI. every one, I ever saw, had a bayonet lug on it. talk about close contact…

I see a lotta weapons in competitions over done with accessories, festooned with doodads and gizmos. When I do I just shrug, those guys are going to finish last if they even finish at all!

Usually some young feller who never invested the time in actually shooting to gain skill.

damnit outta likes again!!! when i pulled my original door out, it took me 3 minutes, and had to pull out 3 nails. out of the frame work. and the place was built in 64.

my OCD but put in 2 dead bolts,one knob side, one hinge side, that latch into 1/4 plate sockets, with a strong back plate inside, pole to floor lock… 98% of installed doors in houses, are purely to keep the bobcats out :smiling_imp: if the angle slide is facing out, all ya need is a military ID card :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Foe me its a steel frame and an outwards swinging door with a spring loaded floor bolt in addition to the standard bolt.

Anyone tries to use a beacher on my door gonna have some problems! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Johnksg yep thats a 10" barrel open bolt. ya know what i love about em? takes 3 seconds to change the barrel. push that lil lever in front of the sight wall, unscrew the nut by hand, slide in a 16 inch carbine barrel.

Security forces had them in the early 80s before switched to HKs. The guys I knew seemed to like em well enough. Can’t say I was super impressed with accuracy though. But they did make a lot of noise!

try one with a 16 " carbine barrel 100yards 3" circle , 32 rounds…

I think the 16" barrel would have kinda defeated the purpose of why security details had 'em buddy.

That said it was never an issue weapon for me so don’t know.

But then again I always thought the M60A3 was the perfect weapon for a security detail! :laughing:

Well I better try and sleep. I am really excited to see how this new course works out. Both of my trainers think it will be fun and folks will like it.

We will see…

I am gonna have to think on that CMR and other guns like that. Make more sense than pistols or shotguns for a lot if folks.