M*CARBO Brotherhood

Challenge Coins

A couple of mine:

12 Likes

@AV8R
Very cool Nigel!
I like em all.
Thanks for sharing, they are very special.

8 Likes

@Captainjack88
Thank you, they’re nice keepsakes.
The top two are consecutive five year awards, the lower coin was earned at my last five year requal.

8 Likes

We didn’t have them back when I served but I do have these two.

9 Likes

My Eagle Scout son was given this one - I think at a National Jamboree. I do not know the background or exactly who gave it to him.

10 Likes

@JoeFridaySays
Nice coins Brain

Must be proud for sure.
Great accomplishment

@Festus

Same with my Dad Rick.
He did have a embodied patch tho. I bought two off EBay sometime ago and sent him one. I kept one for myself.

10 Likes

Rather interesting aircraft, the OV-1, though I’m partial to the OV-10 that came after. For some reason I’ve got thing for FAC aircraft of the Viet Nam era. O-2 Skymaster is another (twin tail boom plus a twin engine push/pull config, funky). Those guys were great pilots (some of the best) and had big brass balls to boot.

8 Likes

I am and thanks. I was one of three Assistant Scoutmasters assigned to his Patrol. For some reason, the young men clicked as a group and with a little tough love from the adults helped and pushed one another to earn the rank before turning 18 and losing the opportunity, Over the seven years I worked with that group, we had 12 of them earn the Eagle rank - and I mean they earned it. We did not make it easy for them.

9 Likes

I’m alive and well guy/gals. Thank you very much for thinking of me! Had a bad fight with a sinus infection that messed me up royally, but I’m getting a bit better. Think I got the infection when I was on vacation (was at some high altituteds).

Those are all some nice challenge coins, I don’t have any yet, just the rifleman patch from appleseed if that counts. I’m going to attempt to be more active now. Thanks again guys/gals for thinking of me. Hopefully everyone else is doing fine as well.

9 Likes

9 Likes

I was a 68Q (avionic flight system repairer) on West Fort Hood with the Mohawk from 1991 - 1993 before they deactivated.

9 Likes

@PershingIIVet
Strange bird for sure.
Pops says that you better be on the throttle to keep it in the air.
He’s in first row third for the right.
He few it in the Korea War. When his time was up Uncle Sam want him to fly Huey’s in Nam. He opted to fly jets for TWA.

7 Likes

@dave67
Really like all your coins✌️
Hawaii, New Jersey, Arizona. All over the place.
Thank you, appreciate your service.
The blue coin with the red arrow, what’s that one about?

8 Likes

@Captainjack88

The United States Army Pacific is an Army Service Component Command of the United States Army and is the army component unit of the United States Indo-Pacific Command. The main areas that this command has jurisdiction in include Hawaii, Alaska, the Pacific Ocean, South Korea and Japan. It is headquartered Fort Shafter, Honolulu, HI which is where I was stationed (96D Imagery Analyst, 29th Engineer Battalion, Topographic) but detached to the 548th Reconnaissance Technical Group, Hickam Air Force Base, HI.

7 Likes

@dave67
WAY COOL!!!

7 Likes

@Captainjack88 By the way…Happy Brotherhood Anniversary Anthony :tada:

6 Likes

Thank you @dave67
One year , visited 365 consecutive days.
Fun Fun
Learned a lot this past year
Made new friends
Acquire way to many firearms
(according to my lovely wife)

8 Likes

@Captainjack88 Happy Anniversary’ Thanks for having been part of the Fun here at M*Carbo Land!

5 Likes

@Captainjack88 as long as you refer to her as your lovely wife, you’ll get away with a little more than usual

4 Likes

@CatFood welcome back mike good to hear from you and that your doing ok

4 Likes