M*CARBO Brotherhood

CCW insurance is it really necessary?

@brotherhood,
Does anyone else carry CCW insurance.
I’m wondering if I’m wasting my money. Does a person really need concealed carry insurance? If it’s a righteous self-defense shooting, shouldn’t you be okay without it?

6 Likes

@KAS67 Great question! I’ve been considering getting some but wondering the same thing.

3 Likes

I currently have NRA Carry Guard Gold Plus linked below. I got this before all the drama last year with the NRA. I do not feel like you are wasting your money personally. I think that its important to be covered if your weapon is stolen and used in a crime.

Its right up there with car/house/property insurance. Will it always save you? Probably not. Will it cover 100%. Probably not. Did you set yourself up for the best outcome possible when it all goes, “left?” Yes.

Would I purchase insurance again? Yes. Would it be NRA? Not sure, but the money was spent.

Be safe out there! Hope this helps.

NRA Link

6 Likes

Good question. I’d say it can’t hurt other than potentially wasting money if you never use it and/or they don’t pay out for whatever reason as insurance companies like to do. But is it absolutely needed? I’d say no. A good shoot is a good shoot. If it’s self-defense and you’re not criminally charged, it would be quite wise to live in a state that provides legal protection from the goblin’s family trying to sue you in civil court after the fact. Or, the goblin suing you directly if they survive.

3 Likes

@TriggerHappy,
It’s actually fairly inexpensive as far as insurance goes.

4 Likes

@pezzist,
I agree with you.I wasn’t sure if anybody else was carrying it so I thought I’d ask. I have uscca it’s really nice you can call them up and talk to a live person with 24/7 access to your personal defense attorney of your choice, on their dime remember you just have to pay your annual premium and there is no further money involved it’s that simple.

4 Likes

That was the one that was recommended to me - I was trying to remember…

3 Likes

@TriggerHappy,
It’s a good call my friend I’ve been a satisfied customer a couple years now, they have four different tiers of level coverage to choose from so there’s a package pretty much for everyone.They also have awesome affiliate firearms training certification if you’re in the training game.

3 Likes

It’s all fun and games until you try to collect. Then you get to really see the nitty gritty. Just have to hope it never happens…

5 Likes

Goblin…hahaha! Over here we call em toads. I like goblin tho!

3 Likes

Take it from a retired police officer. The insurance is priceless if you ever need to defend yourself with a firearm. Self defense should be exactly that but each state has a different legal definition of self defense. If you carry. Get the insurance.

13 Likes

@CHiggins1966,
Thank you for adding to the conversation and taking it seriously. I completely agree with your professional assessment, it’s spot-on.

4 Likes

When I did concealed carry class for Illinois it was highly recommended by my instructor should get the concealed carry insurance there have been multiple cases of concealed carry Justified shootings and the shooter being sued or charged with the crime

5 Likes

@Jefft1967, thanks for taking the time to contribute to the discussion, how you feeling today?

2 Likes

To be honest am catching a cold or something very under the weather

1 Like

@Jefft1967,
Perhaps a shot of bourbon🥃 is in order!

1 Like

But what doesn’t help is I don’t sleep much

1 Like

My wife and I both actively carry here in Florida. We both have USCCA Platinum level insurance. It costs us 27.00 each per month, but the peace of mind, along with constant practice is PRICELESS!

5 Likes

Spot on. Couldn’t have said it any better.

5 Likes

@Jwfox, cool a bunch of like-minded 2nd Amendment loving Patriots,outstanding!

4 Likes