M*CARBO Brotherhood

Catching up on my sub2k

All Things SUB-2000!

Trying to catch up with the rest of you guys, loving my sub2k also modified my free Mcarbo decal and installed it on the buttstock

7 Likes

Looks good, how do you like the notch rear sight?

So much nicer than the factory sight
Really like the new sight, I tried to stick on the gun glow tape, the glue on the back of the tape was like jello, would not stay in place, then I tried to paint it
On after three attempt’s ,it wasn’t looking good so I wiped it off, and just installed the sight.

2 Likes

@Drhifi I have used my girlfriends bright fingernail polish on my sites in the past. Worked pretty good.

1 Like

I did use the glow paint on some other white dot sights I have and it worked fine, probably should have put three thin coats on my notched sight , but did not feel like waiting three days to install the new sight , just wished the sticky tape was better quality.

3 Likes

Try this glow paint. I blast it with my Surefire edc light and the glow lasts for hours. The easiest way to apply it to the front sight bead is with a toothpick.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G47MG5B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_AFW4GYGH4QV3Z9SWBN9X?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

6 Likes

That was going to be step two, on the front sight, but after step one on the rear sight looked like crap I left it alone,
I will try it on the front, thanks for the advice :+1: , How many yards do you have yours sighted in at?

3 Likes

25yd on this S2K… Short range truck gun

00 buck thank you for the reply, next stop, is to the range and sight it in, :+1:

1 Like

So far, can on the end of it, bolt tube cover, life saver, brass bolt, butt stock pad, have a trigger and guard to put in once I purchase the feed ramp and trigger spring kit, have a recoiless charging handle in the mail. Then it is just the red dot and mount. Maybe a sling idk. Oh and maybe a flashlight again idk. Oh and…LOL

2 Likes

They shoot really pretty flat out to about 50 yards. I have no idea what distance they come sighted in at, but I was drilling it clear out to 100 yards first time out with it. Shooting 115 grain I would say I had 8-10 inches of drop at 100 yards, but only 1-2 at 50 yards. I am guessing they come sighted at 25 yards??

Kel Tec does not sight-in at all.

Arrow, you are going to have a great sub2k when you get done, the pro trigger kit makes a big difference, the new mag release is so much nicer,
Me and my friend drove to kel tec and had them install the kit, $40.00 is all they charge, and my friend paid $150.00 to convert his gen 1 to a gen 2 that was a really sweet deal .

Really? Mine was pretty much dead nuts on right out of the box. I did not use bags or anything, but I did sit down and use my elbow on a table.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, wish I had a range in my back yard, a friend of mine just bought a house that has a gun range and a golf course, as soon as he gets settled in , going up to check it out, :+1:

1 Like

Yeah they are fun to shoot. I am a pretty big supporter of after market companies, I am one of those people that walk thru life and look at everything like “how can I make it better”. So it is not in my nature to leave things alone. I blame my mother (rest her soul), she encouraged it from the time I was a child.
I think most people have that in them, from cars, to houses, to fire arms, to teachers, to the darn garbage guy, but few see the whole world that way. They shoot with a 1x, I shoot with a much larger scope is all.

1 Like

I blame my deceased Father. God bless him but he would use $7.00 worth of chewing gum and baling wire (and lots of effort) to “fix” something you could properly repair with a 12 cent screw. From an early age my Mom turned to me to fix things properly. When I was away at law school, I had to threaten to stop coming home if the repair lists she prepared during my absence got any longer.

1 Like

LOL.
I was a restless child and got bored easy. Mom directed that into learning. I guess I was and still am, just to full of questions and wondering how everything works.

1 Like

Well I have to say the recoiless charging handle is far superior to the factory one. It is solid and I like the pin design far better.
That is a definite upgrade anyone should do.

Keep going the rest of the upgrades will make it even sweeter, and don’t forget to Polish :woozy_face: