CARS: Who's Into Old Cars Or Hot Rods?

@DivaMarie Nice! I’m outta’ likes.

1 Like

@jeffing65 Yea me two! :rofl: Hate beening in Time Out

2 Likes

@TriggerHappy LOVE the old Galaxies! Remember riding around in my uncle Joe’s when I was young.

Best of luck!

3 Likes

Not too good, older pic, but here it is anyway.
"66 Galaxie 500 352 4bbl auto

10 Likes

Couple pic of my '69 CJ Mach 1.
One with me standing by it and one of my buddy Tony, when he first joined the navy in 83-84 and became a submariner.

10 Likes

damn wish i could like right now.

5 Likes

Yessir that is what I’m talkin’ about lol. I’m told it is black w/ red & white interior (weird?) bucket seats w/ center console shifter, chrome package and the 352 - don’t remember if he said it was a 2 or 4 bbl. No such luck on a 427 dammit - lol I learned from a google search some of the earlier 352’s were high compression 300 horse tho :sunglasses: :+1:

5 Likes

@TriggerHappy I think being an XL it should be a 390 4bbl. 315 or 335 hp depending on engine code.
That is no guarantee though. There could be many varying combinations from the factory that aren’t the norm. You could order nearly any combo you wanted including a custom color. And there were some earlier high compression 352 interceptors that were 360hp if i remember correctly.
I would need to dig out some books.
Black w/red interior not so unusual but red and white?

5 Likes

@TriggerHappy Is the pic of the black one the actual car or one like it?

4 Likes

No - that’s just a pic I pulled off the net. It’s over on the Seattle side of the mountains out in the open so it no doubt has a 1/4’ of green slime on it and might be rusting out at the bottom of that back window by now but he said it is straight and complete and all the glass was good. I don’t think he has talked to the property owners for a while but he said it was a loose end he wanted tie up. Even though he has title and keys I wouldn’t be surprised if it was gone or parted out. I think he said the upholstery was red and white with a black rug and black body?? whatever - still hoping :+1:

5 Likes

@TriggerHappy Still worth the effort. Especially if its an XL:+1:

4 Likes

@GOBLIN

I had liked it for you, Buck. I am down to my last 7 mins… T- (well…) lol

2 Likes

good luck @TriggerHappy :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Speaking of old Fords-what would you do with this:

And, FWIW, I’d still give my left you-know-what to have my very first one back-a '68 Mustang notchback w/289 auto in fire engine red…

6 Likes

My 1968 Firebird. 400 4-speed
Firebird10firebird1

12 Likes

@SnuffySmiff

[quote=“SnuffySmiff, post:128, topic:1688”]
Speaking of old Fords-what would you do with this:
[/quote] Barn Finds – 15 Feb 19

Rod or Restore? 1938 Ford Barn Find

Here is a 1938 Ford 2-Door from Siloam Springs, Arkansas, listed on eBay with a Buy it now option of $12,000. It seems the seller is quite familiar… more»

That’s nice. I’m not a big fan of cutting up exceptional original examples like this one.
If I had it I would probably leave it like it is for the most part. I would upgrade things like shocks, tires, etc to make it drive as good as possible. I would need to decide about the manual brakes after driving it. It’s a heavy car and needs to STOP when you stand on the pedal.

I believe in driving cars, not just storing them.
I think I would try to find an aftermarket wheel that looked good on it and play around with wheel sizes (width, offset, etc), tire sizes and widths and try to change it’s stance to a hair lower in the front, giving it a slightly sportier look and better handling characteristics.
I like the Flathead that has been put in it. I would keep that and maybe try to find some cool old carb setup for it.

5 Likes

@68Blkbrd Gorgeous!!!:+1:
One of my buddy’s in high school had a 67 Firebird 4spd. We put a Pontiac 428 in it, that we pulled out of a limo.

5 Likes

@68Blkbrd

One nice Poncho! Always did like them much better than the early Camaro!

4 Likes

i have a 68 camaro rs. these are awesome hot rods

5 Likes

I was always more of a Ford guy but the Ponchos were so much less seen back then-and especially more so now-a-days and back then it seemed like everybody and his bro had a Camaro.

4 Likes