Carrying a Kimber Micro

I just bought a Kimber Micro 9. The manual says never carry with a round chambered. Any thoughts out there as to carrying with a round chambered in this gun?

3 Likes

I can’t carry so my opinion may have limited value. As well, I know very little about the Kimber Micro 9…but I’m not sure if I see a point in carrying if there isn’t one in the pipe ready to go…

6 Likes

If it’s what I think it is, it’a nice hand gun. But to your question I suggest you Train, Train, and then Train some more with it.

And then when you feel like it’s part of you, load in completely including chambered and carry.
Opinion.

Larry :innocent:

6 Likes

My current edc is a Glock 26 and I carry with a round chambered but the Kimber manual was very specific about not trusting the safety. This specific gun was produced by Kimber for concealed carry so I don’t get why the warning

3 Likes

I’m sure it’s a legal thing. If you carry with one in the pipe and manage to have a negligent discharge, it covers their asses

7 Likes

Legal BS. It’s a mini 1911 with a safety. I carried one for a while. Well made pistol.

Lawyers are probably the reason but also maybe their former d-bag CEO made that call.

This guy, now that he has left the gun business has become a Bloomberg boy. He publicly says the NRA and gun industry has gone nuts and inspired violence. Also advocates gun control. Especially for semi-auto rifles and high capacity mags. Imagine that. The guy gets rich making guns then turns on the industry. Unethical.

If you want to carry cocked and locked, you will be fine. I never had a negligent discharge out of any Kimber, including the Solo, Micro 9 or Micro 380. Or if you are more comfortable going Israeli just make sure you train for that. It takes two seconds to chamber a round if you are highly skilled. More if you are Joe Citizen under duress. A bad guy 20 feet away will be on top of you before you finish racking the slide.

8 Likes

If you don’t carry with a loaded chamber, always remember to yell out " time out ! " till you’re ready to defend yourself.

8 Likes

@DirtSalior Oh please. Yelling never solves anything. Calmly suggest arbitration thru an independent third party.

5 Likes

Bookmarked for future reference… :crazy_face:

6 Likes

My last Kimber was imported through Kimber of Oregon. Made in Korea. Almost bought a Kimber Solo. But, I bought an XDs in 45 i and 300 rounds of ammo for the same $. Kimber do have a pretty finish though.

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_monocle:
Or maybe not, depending on an infinite number of other variables…

2 Likes

@Stircrayzy It’s true there’s always that guy who shoots his own balls off carrying appendix without a holster and never bothers to train or learn the proper way to carry. Let’s hope the OP isn’t one of those.

2 Likes