M*CARBO Brotherhood

Can’t get grip back together

Hello, this is my first post. I’d hoped that a search would reveal an answer to my problem, but I guess my search and gunsmithing skills are similarly lacking. I am finishing the internal upgrade and cannot get the ejection side of the grip back on. It seats everywhere except the back where the hammer spring tends to rest on the grip pin. Every time I try to put the cover on, I encounter resistance there. When I maneuver the spring with a screwdriver, the trigger control bar pops off the sear. . . EVERY TIME. Any suggestions? Thanks, Rob.

3 Likes

I might be mistaken but I think Chris ran into a similar issue when installing the SS hammer bushing in this install video.

2 Likes

Thank you. After about 2 hours, it just decided to work. Missed my chances to test fire. Hopefully, all works well. Thanks again.

4 Likes

@Rob18
Welcome to the family.
If you feel like to take the time please go to Introduce yourself thread and post YOUR info. Believe me when I say WELCOME !!

Oh, buy the way, I have not been able to get my grip back together for decades.

When I look down into my beer mug I see happy faces, :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts. You Know, like the coffee commercials.:

5 Likes

I’d say “get a grip on yourself” but there are too many jokers on the forum to post something that’s just begging for a rude comment. :rofl:

4 Likes

The ISSUE is, ever time I get a GRIP on my self, it
slips through my hands…

KEEP UP THE MEMES, or what ever they R. Love You Bunches.
TFTL’s LOL

Can not stop LOL

3 Likes

When was the last time you needed to get a GRIP ?

2 Likes

Haven’t needed to GET a grip in a “long” time because I never let go in the first place. LOL

2 Likes