M*CARBO Brotherhood

Business Venture

The former owner went bankrupt, owing the landlord and myself a fair chunk of money. The deal was to leave the equipment and we would forgive the debt. I slid right into an established and running restaurant.
It got run down the past few years and no one wants to offer me any grace or credit because of address but the trust will come. Hoping this is the opportunity to have the chance to get serious about shooting

Any you guys pass through bridgeport/ clarksburg wv on 79 N, show a carbo something and you get a free hoagie

21 Likes

@Gilligan369
Wishing you the best and most positive of outcomes brother. Thanks for the hoagie offer :grin::+1:

8 Likes

@Gilligan369 Best of luck in your new business Paul. Next time I head to the Home Depot I’LL stop by, I love steak hoagies. Just down the road in Fairmont.

7 Likes

@Gilligan369 Best of luck on your new adventure. :+1:

7 Likes

Good luck on your venture. Wish you the absolute best!

5 Likes

Best of luck on your new venture!

5 Likes

Next time through I will
I go from Columbus over to Winchester to work some times.

5 Likes

@Gilligan369 good luck in your new endeavor.

4 Likes

Best of luck, Brother. I grew up in the Philadelphia area, so I know what a hoagie is. However, I migrated south and west to Texas and then Arizona. It may seem strange, but people out in Arizona have never heard of a “hoagie.” Of course, it’s easily possible to get a “sub sandwich” out west, but the term “hoagie” is never used out west. I just find the difference in language interesting. I know what a hoagie is, but some people out west have never heard of that word.

4 Likes

Growing up in the Philadelphia area, I used to eat “grinders.” I know what a “grinder” is, just like I know what a “hoagie” is. However, I never hear those words way out here in Arizona. I guess that is what happens to a person who moves more than 2,000 miles from where they grew up.!

Good luck on your new business!

2 Likes

good luck with venture have you changed the name :+1::shamrock::shamrock::shamrock:

1 Like

@Gilligan369 Had the Mrs. stop by today and pick up a couple of steak hoagies. DELISIOUS! The staff was real friendly. Can’t wait to try the other menu items. I highly recommend stopping by if you are traveling on I-79 thru north central WV.

7 Likes

Thank you very much! Just met a local supplier today for local meat and wild game. We need to hook up at white horse sometime to shoot

3 Likes

@hunter1916 it was the gourmet cafe, my place is Hillside Cookhouse

this is the image im using on stuff, nice buck standing in that ray of sunshine above the porch the buck i want standing there.
This all has been a huge blessing, that buck was also a blessing and meant as much or more than as any ive ever taken.

10 Likes

THE HUNTERS REST just a suggestion for a name

3 Likes

My father grew up in Clarksburg. His father was a wildcatter. We’ve still got a little oil, gas, and coal property in both Lewis and Randolph Co. Was actually back there roughly 2013 on a frack job. Stayed in Elkins. Love that state.

4 Likes

We’ve managed to keep the restaurant open for just over a month and now id really like to make a push for the dinner fare. Ive already switched us from frozen 6oz food service ribeyes to cutting our own from a fresh 10# slab and using the same local butcher for 10oz strips.

My question is what would you be interested in buying for a 12-16 dollar dinner from a place called ‘Cookhouse’. I’m already serving bison burger as well, patties and using it for stuffing and soups. Need the steaks to go so i can start ordering up, better meats including game

5 Likes

Since you ask … what would you suggest? That question has made my tongue dance more than once. My point is: I’m interested in anything you can do very well. If grandma didn’t learn you how to make a Rue - don’t serve me anything you called Gumbo.

Ooh and I’m still searching for my second serving of Ostrich. I had it at the suggestion of a very fancy waiter. I was very surprised to get a piece of red meat and even more surprised by the sensational party it hosted for my tasters.

2 Likes

Good to hear U R going Forward. Maybe I do not know WHAT IS your average cliental !?

1 Like

@Gilligan369 hmmmm …. a place called the Cookhouse makes me think of old school traditional meals like Grandma used to make. Pot roast, real mashed potato’s, meatloaf, chicken fried steak, garden fresh veggies, southern pan fried chicken, and even lasagna or home style mac and cheese and of course some awesome soups - a creative soup artist/chef can be a real asset to a kitchen. Some game sounds great too - @Dred I’ve had ostrich before DAMN good eatin! Plus some killer homemade pies, cobblers and deserts and good coffee. Dangit - I’m hungry now!

3 Likes