M*CARBO Brotherhood

Bushnell Trophy TRS-25

Wanted to know peoples opinion on the Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot. I am looking at putting this on my Ruger PC Carbine model 19102. Has anyone had problems mounting this or have issues with its performance, etc? Thank ya Brothers.

8 Likes

@Templar52 Probably best bang for the buck as far as inexpensive red dots go. I’ve had one for many years without ever an issue.

9 Likes

Roger that, Thank you.

5 Likes

I agree , it’s the best bang for the bucks. Have one on a 12 ga. pump for years. Shot 2 3/4 " buck & slug thru it. Just lock-tite it & you shouldn’t have any problems.

5 Likes

I have one but I never actually mounted it… Now this is Hearsay so take this with a grain of salt, On a couple blogs people have claimed the new ones are not nearly as robust and the old ones so you might want to do a couple searches and read up on it then make up your own mind… I am an aimpoint pro guy so I am used to a big robust sight and I was a bit underwhelmed by it… then again I never used it so I personally don’t have experience with it.

2 Likes

Roger that, thanks for the comment. Be Well.

1 Like

Thank you much for your comment, good food for thought. Be Well.

3 Likes

I have two of them and they are way better than my other two inexpensive red dots. You may need to mount it on a riser if using it on a rifle. They are also very lite weight. Be aware that there are Chinese knock offs out there that are not as good as the real thing. Make sure that you are getting a genuine Bushnell.

5 Likes

I got one mounted on the PS90. Came in the Box with the carbine. the one thing i dont like about it, it has a round bolt that locks the clamp to the picitinny rail so it works with either weaver or pic rails. couldnt get it not to bounce on the 5.7 PS. because it didnt fit tight in a pic rail. machined a square spacer, installed it on the bolt, hadnt had a issue with movement since.

5 Likes

Looks awesome, thanks for the great information. This sure helps me in my decision. Be well Brother.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your comments, Roger that on looking out for knock offs. Hate spending the money just to find out made in China. Be Well Brother.

3 Likes

I’ve had a trophy on my ar15 and my grandsons S2K :+1:
Giving AT3 RD-50 a try on my S2K , very comparable to the trophy it seems . No issues so far.

2 Likes

Thanks Gary for the insight. Will have to take a look more into that AT3. Have a good one Brother.

1 Like

I will join the pileup on the side that for the money, it is great product. I run one on a sub 2000 and my new cp33. Have mounted them on friends guns, and they still are my friends.

5 Likes

I’ve got two of them and they’ve worked perfectly on the distance rifle for me.

The problem was that I needed one for the Ruger PCC for Steel Challenge and the 3 MOA dot was just a bit too small for my liking.

Great rifle red dot for sure, but for “normal” rifle shooting. Steel Challenge is fast moving and the 8 MOA dot of my replacement works much better.

Once again, the 3 MOA TRS is great, just not for what I needed it for.

AD

2 Likes

Thanks for the insight Brother. Be Well and Be Safe.

1 Like

Thank you for the great feedback Brother. Be Well and Be Safe.

1 Like

I had one mounted on a River Super Blackhawk 44. After a few shots the front lens moved out of the tube. Sent it in and they sent me a new one. I haven’t mounted it on anything else.

1 Like

The first one I got had messed up threads on the battery cover. I never got more than 5 shots out of my Ruger PCC before the battery cover went rolling around the range somewhere. I sent it back for warranty, and they sent me a new one. As long as you Loctite the mount, you shouldn’t have any problems.

2 Likes