M*CARBO Brotherhood

Bump Stocks Ban Appealed?

ya cant? :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :crazy_face: :smiling_imp:
happiness is riding the lightnin…

5 Likes

one step closer.
constitutional carry act vote in early april, open carry with training bill should hit the senate about the same time. they added a bit to the original story.

SC House moving forward with ‘Open Carry’ legislation

12 Likes

Tricky subject. Does 2a mean no restrictions or limitations?
My friend had a long misunderstanding when I said I had no use for an AR.
He thought I didn’t want anything to do with AR’s or I didn’t like them. I meant what I said, I didn’t have a use for one. I didn’t hunt and I didn’t feel my life was in danger.

Is banning a bumpstock infringing on our rights to keep and bear arms? I don’t think so but I do think
the way the ATF came and demanded everyone give up the bumpstocks without compensation is in violation of other rights.

5 Likes

How could restricting ownership of a goofy firearm accessory be anything but an infringement?

8 Likes

Unfortunately, history and court precedent support some level of infringement. We can thank Chicago and other prohibition era gangsters for the limitation on fully automatic firearms - a ban upheld by the Supreme Court and acknowledged in Heller. Similarly, certain types of ammunition have been barred without a successful constitutional challenge. And the now expired assault weapons ban survived several challenges although a similar ban today would face different arguments and judges.
I am NOT arguing in favor of any particular infringement but constitutional rights are not as absolute as we would like to think. The right to freedom of speech does not permit us to defame someone without consequence or incite a riot. Freedom of religion does not permit multiple wives, marriage to 12 year olds or sacrificing a goat in your subdivision yard.
We certainly must resist unreasonable limitations and demand that any regulation be supported by hard facts and data. There are legitimate arguments to support a yield no ground strategy because one step may lead to others. At the same time one can argue we should pick our battles carefully lest we lose the war. Neither position is wrong and reasonable minds can disagree.

4 Likes

banning certain accessories is death by 1000 cuts. you give a inch and a mile is taken. look at the last ban. and the ones before that. banning Russian arms. there is no more give.i wasn’t a bump-stock fan either. but, i will defend someones right to do so. the why do you need argument holds no water. 2nd is the 2nd. 1st is the first.JM2C

11 Likes

damnit. no goatburgers this weekend. check. how bout street chickens?

5 Likes

Check with @CatFood to see if he has any ready.

I agree that the “why do you need” argument is a baseless one. Why did Rosa Parks NEED to sit at the front of the bus? We do not have to justify the exercise of a constitutional right but that right is and always has been subject to some limitations under a strict scrutiny analysis.

9 Likes

due to the fact that its interpreted.not that its taken as verbatim.

4 Likes

No street birds yet. They are still in their “hood” lol.

7 Likes

damn it. I miss goat burgers and skreet chickens. last time i had em was on I&I in Bahrain…in the Suk…

8 Likes

How does that compare to rice rat on a stick?

8 Likes

not quite as greasy as rat, but also not instant heartburn like the monkey meat vendors in Honduras

8 Likes

Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation

Breaking911
@Breaking911
Tennessee lawmakers have passed legislation to allow residents to both open and conceal carry handguns without a permit; Governor expected to sign bill

10 Likes

While I agree you do understand the NFA was upheld by SCOTUS only because only one side of the argument was represented in court. The defendant in the case who was already found innocent at the appeal level chickened out. The government was the only one presenting a case so the court had no choice but find for them.

3 Likes

I have eaten goat. Can be quite good by someone who knows how to cook it.

7 Likes

Great name for a band. Just sayin’. :grinning:

9 Likes

Civility is the word of the day, fellas. Cleaned up this already on thin ice thread.

11 Likes

I went on a 4 day camping trip years ago on lake Lanier and the chattahoochee river in GA. And had a huge family camping next to me one night they was Brazilian they invited me to eat with them and have a couple beers and that was my first experience with goat meat. Brazilian bbq and it was delicious. Goat to me is similar to deer meat.

7 Likes

@Kona So is “goat meat”.

7 Likes