M*CARBO Brotherhood

Bugout/ GHB/ WROL/ SHTF ☠️

Hello Brotherhood, I spent some time last night going through my Survival Kit to make sure it’s still up to par and see if anything needs improvement. Mostly checking all my fire kits and fishing kits. I’ll post a few pics of mine when I get back to the Castle. I like my kit I’ve tested all the fire kits in the filed to make sure they are %1000 reliable. I just started thinking about all you crazy gents and figured I could poach some ideas from you guys to improve my own kit. I will tell you this. All my fire kits are loaded with dryer lint. I can take my Farrow rod and a blade and light it in the first strike everytime. Best tender material I’ve ever used.

17 Likes

Waters heavy, get a way to purify water (better yet get two. two is one, one is none etc) you dont have to carry as much drinking water with you. Obviously this is dependent on your AO and what water availability will look like at various times of year

17 Likes

I have a Sawyer and wouldn’t hesitate to use it but there’s just something about sticking it in a body of water and slurping that gives me the Willie’s lol. Honestly I’d rather carry a container that I can use to boil

11 Likes

Boiling means you have to worry about fuel, even if that’s just sticks and fire attracts attention which can be undesirable. In a legit survival situation time and calories can be life and death. Time and energy spent collecting fuel is time lost (and increases your exposure to weather and predators both 2 or 4 legged) and calories you may not be able to get back. Not saying it’s a bad idea, but theres things that must be considered

18 Likes

@Chris19d no doubt about it. That’s why I try to implement at least 2 options for each need I think I will have or encounter.

14 Likes

The only thing I don’t need to lug is water…it’s everywhere here.

What I’m the most interested in today is TOURNIQUETS…I have temporarily stocked an adjustable cat collar for my arms and an adjustable dog collar for me legs. They were free so no cost…but I’m very interested in doing it right.

What are you folks stashing?

12 Likes

@MountainHunter that is the biggest thing that I am missing in my trauma kit for sure. Gotta get myself 2 good ones

10 Likes

@Flogrown

Recon Medical BLK-1PAK-FBA Tourniquet - (Black) Gen 3 Mil-Spec Kevlar Metal Windlass Aluminum First Aid Tactical Swat Medic Pre-Hospital Life Saving Hemorrhage Control Registration Card 1 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ETMVQOI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZtHCEbAV3P3W7

10 Likes

I would strongly caution against buying lifesaving gear from amazon theres a high chance you will get an airsoft “replica” or other Chinese knockoff

14 Likes

@Chris19d
Good to know!
Thanks for the heads up. :v:
Will get directly

Edit:

https://reconmedical.com/tourniquets/gen-4-tourniquets/

11 Likes

Good thing to have is a ziploc bag of cotton batting well mixed with vasiline. good in an emergency to start a fire. doesnt take up much space and comes in handy if everything (tinder) is damp

14 Likes

I had a guy tell me a crayon will burn for like 7 minutes. Anyone here know this to be true?

10 Likes

CAT tourniquets. Get them from Dark Angel Medical or North American Rescue, or other legit sources. Quik Clot gauze (or any hemostatic dressing) is also good. I’ve got one of each in an ankle kit, and those plus regular gauze, an Israeli bandage, chest seal, and general bandaged and such in a car headrest kit. Learn how to use them.

I have less in the way of survival gear than perhaps I should. Living in a relatively dense metropolitan area changes that dynamic. However I work for the local PD and that does provide some resources if things start to get worse.

In the unlikely event of things going completely pear shaped, I’ve got guns and ammo stocked. I’ve just ordered personal body armor that hopefully will be here soon. I’ve got soft armor with a 6x8 plate for more low profile protection.

9 Likes

When I worked in the Rockies I always carried wax paper sheets (6"x8") folded in a zip lock quart freezer bag. Takes up almost no room & the weight is insignificant. I carried about 20 folded sheets.The roll cost very little or get them from your kitchen. Beats digging thru 18" of snow looking for something dry. I also used the Cambria layer from a pine tree, good stuff full of pine sap & burns hot.

12 Likes

med kits and bits i get here
https://www.narescue.com/military-products.html?___store=default
everything else i buy the best i can afford, as i dont want some cheap POS toi fail when i really need it.
rope gear i get here
https://www.attackopgear.com
list goes on…

13 Likes

@GOBLIN thanks for the links. Good to hear from you again bud :+1:

11 Likes

Not sure about 7hrs but a pretty long time. The trick is to snap the tip off leaving the paper and light the paper

6 Likes

I have 2 of these and love them just fill it up and go

7 Likes
5 Likes

One thing I would recommend everyone do obviously dependant on situation but. I made 3 different trot line kits. Super small have them wrapped around wine corks and the hooks safely stuck into the cork. I have them in all my kits. You could also improvise a cane rod. Trot lines are the best though, no calorie meal. When I get more time I’ll break down my main, survival pack. I can live comfortably with that in a long term situation

6 Likes