M*CARBO Brotherhood

Bug Out / SHTF Bags/ Camping/ Hiking (Everything Outdoors)

What would you put in your bag(s) ? What is a reasonable total weight for your bag if travelling on foot? How much water ? How much ammo and what caliber(s) will you carry with you ? Will you bring spare parts for your S2K and if so which ones ?

3 Likes

Where I live IS the bugout place!:shushing_face:

9 Likes

It’s 44 miles southeast of Reno, Nevada. Walker River nearby, Lahontan Reservoir is close, Carson River. Lake Tahoe being the source for most of that. High desert elevation between 4500ft - 6200ft. My basic protection being…who would GO there??

6 Likes

Take some gettin used to for sure, but hard to imagine being any further out…

2 Likes

But to keep in theme of the original question, the rest of my family lives in Reno and would have to bugout to my place. What should be in their bugout bag?

2 Likes

@Boomchucker WOW, look at all that space…beautiful.

3 Likes

@KM55 Which rifle is that on your bag?

1 Like

@KM55 Nice, that is beautiful to…I would be fishing that.

2 Likes

Nice. I LOVE living out west and I’ll never move east of the Rockies again. I’m in UT, but I still consider AZ home. :+1:

4 Likes

Not true. We live at around 5000ft elevation both in AZ and, now, in UT. My wife’s garden does great and always has. People keep their yards/lawns up very nicely around here, too.

3 Likes

SE AK Elevation 300 ft
Lot’s of Hide away places and Coves in Rain Country.

6 Likes

One of the features of high desert elevation is 300+ days a year of crystal blue sunshiny skies. Except for the chem trails…:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Lotsa good fishin’ up there. mmmmm…tasty tasty Halibut. They’re Flounders on steroids.

2 Likes

Sorry to be a killjoy but I think we are getting off track with where we hope to be if everything works out as we planned. I’m looking for help building my BOB for hurricane season and other events that force me from my home on foot for 3-5 days. I was never a boy scout or camper so i’m hoping to find ideas from experienced outdoors-men/women. For example, how much water, food, ammo, clothes, etc. What type of foods are best and how are they packaged? What tools, first aid, footwear, camping gear? Basically what will go in my bag so I have the best chance of surviving?

3 Likes

@jackr3 Freeze Dried foods have a very long shelf life, are very lightweight and you only need to heat up water to cook them. REI has good selection or you can find online.

Packable camp stoves use fuel and heat up quick but you can run out of fuel so have a back up folding wood stove. A kettle/cook kit where everything stores inside of itself.

6 Likes

https://Modern Survival Blog.com Has a’lot of good products and knowledge for This topic.

5 Likes

The fed.goobermint doesn’t think you don’t “need them”. They absolutely know you do. They just don’t want you to have them. They want to the the only ones with guns, or at least be in control of them via rent-a-cops at the gates, etc.

3 Likes

Here’s my SHTF bag. It’ll carry the S2K and a Glock 19 plus an a$$load of mags.

3 Likes

Beef Jerky and a flask of Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon. I reckon I’ll have my wife hump the pack holding the food & water.

6 Likes

And, a clean towel. Be sure to always have a clean towel. Now, let’s see who gets that reference. :wink:

3 Likes