M*CARBO Brotherhood

Budget AR build?

@Slowest @chilipepper I actually photoshopped the pen into the picture. Yes… I am that good.

6 Likes

Brian us that a wrap on the magazine?

4 Likes

@cico7 Don it’s from GunSkins… they have a pretty good variety…

5 Likes

My gunsmith said my AR’s trigger sucks. He recommends I get a @2.5pd pull. He said probably a good one would run around $150. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

5 Likes

You can go with a Rise Armament for about $120-$130. Takes you to about 4ish lb
CMC will get you down to about 3.5 lb for around $150-$175
or just spend the money and get a Timney for around $200 to get you to the low 3 lb range.

I don’t use any (shot the Rise and a CMC but not a Timney) as I feel the Mcarbo spring and a Taylor Tactical trigger are my light pull. The two together put the trigger “right against the wall” on my .300 blackout. Haven’t measured it, but they are about 2.75-3 lb pull together. Was also a lot cheaper to go that route for almost the same effect :wink:

6 Likes

The trigger…

The matching hammer…

Match with a Mcarbo spring and enjoy!!

5 Likes

A heavy trigger dont bother me much i get used to what each gun feels like and its not a problem. Biggest thing i like getting rid of is trigger creep. The amount of take up from gun to gun is hard to get used to. Im fine with a 7 pound trigger if its crisp and clean pull,snap. I hate a trigger though where it feels like you just keep takin up slack then snap.

6 Likes

Yeah, pretty much across the board unless you go high end, and that’s still no guarantee you’ll get a sweet trigger. What are you looking for? A single stage or two stage trigger? What is the mission for your AR?

5 Likes
2 Likes

Ended up going with this. 139

https://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-psa-ar-15-complete-lower-magpul-moe-ept-edition-black.html?utm_medium=email&utm_source=daily_deals&utm_campaign=20211012&utm_term=morning&utm_content=7780991B

And per your recommendation the radical arms upper 205 minus $52 in optics bucks

Grand total $292 and used the $52 optics bucks on a bcg, aero precision. Full thing came in at $330 with the ffl $10 bg check charge

3 Likes

What’s a good ambi charging handle that won’t break the bank? I’ve been eyeing the BCM Gunfighter for about $60. Anyone have experience with the BCM, or have suggestions in similar price range?

1 Like

They have a bunch at academy on the shelf. I didn’t get the Ambi. I didn’t count the mag or the ch in my build price.

Have the BCM ambi charging handle on 4 of my AR’s. I highly recommend them for their quality and function.

3 Likes