M*CARBO Brotherhood

Budget 9MM For Starter Pistol

Blasphemy! You just need more upgrades! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

@Stircrayzy

The optic mount aside, I have EVERY other upgrade that Mcarbo makes. Including all 3 changing handles, and the heavyweight bolt from Kel Tec. And a Blitzkrieg front sight post. Not much else to do.

1 Like

IMHO the most important upgrade is the optic mount which makes the 2K a blast to shoot.Without it the cheek grind is terrible.

Hey, Brian, looks interesting but I saw a couple negative reviews on Youtube: TWO safeties on that thing? And the disassembly/assembly reminded me of the trigger group on the M1919A6 .30 caliber machine gun. (God bless John Browning!) Low capacity mags, etc.

I looked at the Taurus TX22 seemed a bit closer to what I was looking for. Large capacity magazine - peace through fire superiority. Enough of a frame to further dampen the modest recoil of a .22 and so on.

TBH, I am looking for a last-ditch kind of weapon. The bad guys are danger-close, everything else is either out of ammo or I cant get mags loaded fast enough, etc. We probably agree that, at CQB distances, a couple .22 rounds in the right place will be a deterrent. And, last but not least, I can practice a lot more with .22 than I can anything else. Ammo supplies here in North Carolina are still pretty tight. I dont have the network to know when stuff is coming off the supply truck - its random that I stumble across stuff or have to buy from a re-re-resupplier who is making profit on top of everyone elses profit.

Thanks for your input and for reaching out. While not in Texas, I am blessed to be in a rural part of North Carolina. Am preparing but hopefully have some warning if things go pear-shaped. Figure itll start in the cities when the grocery store fairies stop delivering and maybe infrastructure like water and electricity start to fail . . .

Stay frosty!

Mark

3 Likes

Pinky extensions, these are made in the Peoples Republic of Kaliforniastan.

2 Likes

Thanks, AV8R! Appreciate the input!

2 Likes

Hey, guys, Ive already derailed this 9mm thread with questions about .22, but please forgive another rabbit chase. Has anyone thought of putting together a barter conversion table for goods? Lets say supermarket supply chain has broken down, but I want five pounds of fresh beef. Is that worth a pint of Jim Beam? A pound of salt?

Obviously these exchanges would depend on local area/supplies, who has what to barter, etc. but Im curious if anyones thoughts have wandered in this direction . . . Is this an appropriate topic for a separate thread? Thanks, all!

@Nomad733
I think this may be the best place for that topic

3 Likes

Thanks VERY much! I was in the Army when inflation was running rampant in the Carter years so at least had three hots and a cot to get by. I dont think they are accepting re-enlistments from 63-year-old retreads . . .

3 Likes

Duly noted. :wink::wink:
I guess im just easily satisfied. I have the Mseries and its all kinds of fun.

4 Likes