M*CARBO Brotherhood

Browning Hi Power vs. Utah LEO Handgun Qualification

Hi all! Here’s the newest installment in my series on historic firearms challenging modern law enforcement qualification courses. In this video I’m taking on the Utah handgun course with my P-35 Browning Hi Power. To see how it fares, check out the video!

Howard

7 Likes

Thank ya HR. Browning High Power is the one handgun that I lost, (#1 EX took it and moved on with her boyfriend while i was on deployment, by the the time i found em, after my return, my Browning was gone, pawned for dope money) P35 was the Sweetest shooting 9mm I have ever owned. replacing it , well to find one of the year i had, thats not shot out/worn badly, im looking at over 2000$. it will take me a while…

4 Likes

Ouch! Sorry for your loss. Prices for Hi Powers were going up while they were still in production. Now that they’re no longer being made, they’ve really gone up. From what I’ve been able to gather, the Turkish made copies are not quite to the same level of quality as the FN produced pistols. It would be nice if another manufacturer would pick up the design and turn out a good pistol, but we shall have to wait and see.

Howard

4 Likes

I thought I’d run this up the pole one more time.

Howard

1 Like

fine with me brother. those that haven’t had the pleasure of shooting the earlier Belgium made models, need to seek one out. i dont know how yours feels, but mine had very nominal felt recoil, easy second shot requisition. I think the Hi-power is the reason I have a hard time finding a simi auto 9x19 I really like . they come and go. I judge em all by the high-power.
any chance of you doing a run with a 9X18 Makarov? maybe a side by side with a 9x18 MAK and a converted 380 Makarov?:smiling_imp:

3 Likes

@hrfunk

Thanks for another great video.

Made it extra nice your firing the Browning Hi Power - nice gun!

3 Likes

You’re welcome. Thanks for watching. I really like the P35. Shooting a Hi Power is a little like driving a classic European sports car. The ride might not be quite as nice as something more modern, but its style and class more than make up for it!

Howard

3 Likes