Browning BPS Field

I found a used Browning BPS Field pump action12 gauge shotgun for sale. I know this is more of an entry level shotgun for Browning, but have wanted to own a Browning for a while. I am going to look at the firearm tomorrow and wanted to know everyone’s take and experience of this model.

3 Likes

I love mine! I bought it new when they first came out. Never have had problems with it once. Ive used for duck, turkey, grouse, dove… well you get the picture. It does beat you up a little bit shooting trap! Lol! Now that think about it I got early to mid 1980s.

4 Likes

Its got a Turkey choke on it right now. But its a good 40 years old. 35 for sure

3 Likes

My advice, if it’s worth what you want to pay for it, buy it. You will not regret it.
I agree with others, they function, never had a problem with mine.

2 Likes

He is selling it for $425 and it is in great condition. I think that is a good price since i see them selling from 550 to 700 range

4 Likes

Yah I would definitely buy it! But thats me!

2 Likes

Well here it is. Just picked it up

5 Likes

Ah very nice! It even came with the choke tubes! Nice!

4 Likes

Nice guy. He even gave me the case. He said he has had it 4 years and bought it new. He took it quail hunting once, but never fired it. So it looks brand new and as far as he could remember, it had never been fired. I will need to remedy that.

6 Likes

@em44052
I’m sure you will enjoy it…

3 Likes

I’ve had two of them, 12 and 28. They are heavy due to 11 inch steel receiver. The are also touchy of oversized reloads. But they are also indestructible, shuck the shells out at your feet, good triggers. I’d sure like to have the 28 gauge back.

3 Likes