M*CARBO Brotherhood

Broken Charging Handle

300 series stainless steel, such as 304 and 316, is only non magnetic after forming.
other words, in its non cut annealed state.
after it has been worked, cut, blasted ,machined, ect it can be magnetized…
300 series as long as it has been cold worked, yes, it can.

4 Likes

No Buck, my plan is to epoxy it to the head of the return spring. Just slowly slide that sucker in, find the hole and…

Wait, what was I talking about again?

5 Likes

as long as you could get your orientation correct, and de oil the spring, you could use rtv as well… give it a lil shock absorbing feature, JB might crack apart under repeated recoil once cured…

4 Likes

@GOBLIN good call, I was concerned about it being to brittle. As far as orientation you can twist, turn spring itself just as easy as a screw driver. (And I don’t need to pack a tube of PTFE and a long screw driver in my range bag.)

I am pretty busy signing up new students, building new barricades, and (now reordering my new S2Ks) but when I get time I will address this issue. :dizzy_face:

5 Likes

put a lil /light coat of talc or lube on the c handle, so the rtv doent stick to handle on original squeeze brother, let me know how it goes…

4 Likes

@GOBLIN actually I found an easier way to fix the problem!

I gave the gun to my step-son! :joy:

2 Likes

Finally got all the parts now just need the time to remove the old handle part and install the new handle.

2 Likes

The skeletonized charging handle I’ve been using for ~1000 rounds broke while firing my Sub2k 9mm at the range today. Sent an email to request a replacement with the newer version.

3 Likes

@RiflemanFirst It must have been a bad karma day. My double finger charging handle broke at the range the same day and at about the same round count. I also have sent an email and am awaiting a response.

5 Likes

@JoeFridaySays Brian was yours the original DFCH or the later one with the improved steel?

3 Likes

I had no idea the MCarbo charging handles were redesigned until mine broke, but I admittedly don’t check in here very often. I bought mine last year in August.

3 Likes

@Don68 I don’t know, but it was purchased in September 2018.

3 Likes