Broken Brand New Ejector PC9

After about 50 rounds, my Ruger PC9 started stove pipping. I thought it was breaking in.

After 130 rounds with a stove pipe about every 4 rounds, I gave up and went home.

I broke down the gun and noticed that my MCARBO ejector seems to be sheared off. (See pictures) Any ideas why this would happen? I been waiting for about 4 days for a response to two emails from MCARBO. Thanks.

4 Likes

Hmm, that is odd. Have you tried to give them a call?

3 Likes

Actually, I’ve been a bit swamped and haven’t. I’ll do that on the road tomorrow.

All the best.

Dave

3 Likes

Welcome @dbhowe MCARBO had a bad run of extractors for the PCC9. It’s been mentioned here somewhere. When did you purchase it?

Did you install it before using the gun?

They will take care of it.

4 Likes

Oh, that’s understandable. I purchased it about a month ago. Yes, I actually purchased it before my rifle arrived. I like to upgrade the parts that people note as wear points. I put the original ejector back in the rifle and it ejected dummy rounds perfectly.

It must be one of the “bad run” ejectors. It installed like a dream but failed right away. I only shoot brass so I can’t think of anything else that could have caused it.

Dave

4 Likes

@dbhowe That part with the broken hook is an extractor. It has a lifetime warranty.

It was the upgrade bolt head pins that had a bad run.

4 Likes

Thanks! I upgraded the bold head pins as well and they worked out great.

Maybe I just got a defective Extractor.

I’ll call them tomorrow.

Thanks.

6 Likes

YEAH! They were just a bit behind on their emails. They shipped me a new extractor and they want the defective one back so they can study it. That’s the sign of people who care about their products.

4 Likes

I did a thorough PCC9 inspection, cleaning and lubricating today.
MCARBO Extractor, pin and bolt head pins look good. Installed 12-11-19
Along with the MCARBO flat faced trigger…:grin::boom::boom::boom:

4 Likes

MCARBO mailed me a replacement extractor immediately. They also send me a return postage label so I could send the defective one back. It’s very cool that they wanted to study the broken one to better understand why. Sign of a good manufacturer. Thanks MCARBO!

7 Likes

After nearly 500 rounds through the PC9, the extractor is working AWESOME! Love it and it shows no signs of wear! Nicely done M*CARBO!

4 Likes

Good to know. Enjoy!

2 Likes