M*CARBO Brotherhood

Bonfire night. Having fun

Kicking back in NH Jo style! Anybody else got a nice spot?20200819_195130|375x500

14 Likes

By the pool now… nice and quiet.

7 Likes

No open fires here, unfortunately. Can’t even have a gas grill.

At first glance, I thought someone set fire to an armchair, took me back to my college days. Probably lucky I didn’t die in a house fire back then, guys on the first floor set quite a lot of furniture on fire… :fire:

5 Likes

It does have that armchair sorta look but we use granite here in NH

4 Likes

Probably a good thing, being a bit less burnable… :grinning:

4 Likes

And you wonder why you can’t have a grill?

5 Likes

Haven’t had a fire in some time. Too wet lately…and HOT…:rofl:
Anywhere on the mountain is fine with me…:grin:

The wife’s brother and his wife just built this place to hang out next to their pond and “social distance”…they are very talented.:face_with_monocle:

14 Likes

Ha ha! :grinning:

FYI, I lived on the third floor, we didn’t burn things for fun up there. And where I live now, that “no grill” thing doesn’t apply just to me, it’s apparently per a newly adopted fire code and applies to the community. I’m allowed to have matches…and sharp objects, for the record…

6 Likes

Well, I am jealous. I lost a bid on a nice house here in Michigan. Wanted out of the city, found a nice place, but had some jerk offer a lot more over the asking price (which was 30,000 more than market; stupid sellers market;) )

The place had a berm where the old owner had a quasi gun range. There were cases littering the back yard. Fucking people with more money than me (JK… kinda).

6 Likes

hey wait, you went to Mich State Univ.?

I usually suspect shenanigans when something that off balance happens. Keep an eye on it, might foreclose in 6 months.
And for the record. If you get a place within 30 min of east detroit, I’d come over and pay you to use your range !

4 Likes

I love it - looks like they need a bigger front porch deck on it now…

4 Likes

@DannyJo The pond is just a few feet away. Who knows…their always up to something new.

Those benches inside both fold down to make large beds.

Probably going to add a woodstove and start adding windows soon.

7 Likes

Winter came and some upgrades to keep the “bothy” a little warmer…removable vinyl windows, wood stove…lighting…

8 Likes

Sitting around a simple wheel barrow fire in town tonight…waiting for the takeout food to arrive…:wine_glass::hamburger:

10 Likes

thats nice Mountain Hunter, I could live in that…

8 Likes

@GOBLIN I’m going to run a 220 VAC 20 amp circuit and CAT5 cable to it next. It faces south and the sun comes halfway up the north wall in December…along with the bounce reflection off the water.
We be modern hill jacks round here…:grin::boom::boom::boom:

8 Likes

:+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: a wood fired outside hot tub and you would be a steppin in high cotton up thataways…

8 Likes

I already wore a snorkel tub out. It was a 3 x5’ with perfect grained western cedar. After 18 years the cedar was getting punky and warped.
Cedar tubs last 18-20 years on the average.
The ALUMINIUM firebox is still intact. It was a lot of enjoyment while it worked.

7 Likes

Parrrrrtyyyyyyyyy!!! No masks and lots of hugs…finally!!!..:fire::grin::beer::wine_glass::boom::boom:

12 Likes

Very nice. What a great little get away for friends and family!

8 Likes