M*CARBO Brotherhood

Body Armor...Who Has Some?

we aim to please brother!:smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

7 Likes

I’m beginning to look into getting plates and a carrier. At work we wear soft panels, and have rifle plates available, but they’re very heavy.

I’ve been looking into ceramic, probably III+. I know that’s not an official NIJ rating, but seems more practical than level IV. I’m in an urban areas so intermediate cartridges are the most likely threat.

7 Likes

I have my work gear with added 8x10 level 3+, plates and at home I have level 3 soft armor stand alone concealed under bed, I have reams of kevlar down stairs in the sewing room I’ve been experimenting with.

7 Likes

just came across this checking on a stock i have ordered, sold by Zahal,
Level IIIA that folds into a back pack, front and back panel .made by MASADA
going to check one out for my up and coming college student…

make a hell of a EDC bag…

7 Likes

@GOBLIN buck I seen a video about a month ago on that backpack. Looks good I’ve been trying to figure out a good edc grayman backpack to add a panel to

5 Likes

There are alot of interesting discreet items out there for protection against gun fire…a 11"x14" Level lllA panel slides right into a standard backpack and can be had for about $100, a Level lllA ballistic clipboard for about $125 or a Level llA baseball cap with frontal protection for $100.

bulletsafe-bulletproof-baseball-hat-5_500x

6 Likes

I too, have an AR500 111A Hybrid 10x12 advance shooters cut. Special threat tested 44 Magnum & 357 Sig. Mandatory to have when working Armed security. Now I wear it when in the desert shooting. It is in stall in a Condor rig. Very light weight.

6 Likes

I was under the (wrong) impression body armor was not allowed for civilians in CA. As it turns out only convicted felons are not allowed. Whew. Looks like me and the misses will be getting decked out for Christmas.

8 Likes

I just ordered a Level IV 6x8" plate for my soft Kevlar vest. Supposedly we’re upgrading from level II to IIIa vests so hopefully that’ll have a similar pocket. Currently using a 4x6 IIIa hard plate, hoping this isn’t meaningfully less comfortable because I really like the idea of permanent rifle protection.

Probably get a full set of III+ ceramic armor eventually but that’s on the back burner.

7 Likes

i have full body armour i just stand behind the misses :rofl::rofl::rofl:

12 Likes

That’s funny $hit right there…though she may fail to find the humor in it… :grinning:

10 Likes

@chilipepper maybe thats why i divorced her ive spent 30 years thinking why i did :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

At the Lodi gun show this morning.
Found this Body Armor

Voodoo
10" x 12" Level III AR500 Steel Body Armor Plates,
$180.00

8 Likes

Just found this you really need to chapeck it out

https://www.bodyarmormegastore.com/shop/

8 Likes

I got mine at ar500armor.com
I need to get the lap armor otherwise it’s
an A-Frame.

7 Likes

I would look like this with body armor .

8 Likes

I’ve acquired multiple carriers for me and the family but the plates are the same. Legacy Safety and Security has a 3.2 pound shooters cut plate that will stop everything except 30.06 AP which is what separates lll+ from level lV. Ask yourself, when was the last time mass shooters were running AP rounds and the answer will be few to none. I’m kitting up for the most likely threat and I need to be able to shoot, move and communicate. 16 pounds of steel or ceramic along with all of the other stuff I would grab would be a little much. 6.4 pounds of plates that also floats is a much better sounding solution for me.

7 Likes

@bjackson13 just reread your post and I’m liking the legacy safety plates. They do look promising

Also found the duel threat panels on eBay cheaper than the website

6 Likes

Old thread, but what the heck. Waiting for general possession of body armor to be a crime. Here in Il, it’s only tacked on as an additional charge if worn while committing an actual crime. Possession by civs is ok (for now).

BAM quick release carrier and curved hard plates.
IOTV DAPS
IOTV Marine surplus goin flap.
IOTV lower back protector
Mechanics fast fit gloves
Condor thigh ride
Condor mag dump
Cost me a pretty penny to get it all in multicam, but at the time, it was the most effective pattern on the open market.
Fully loaded: 87 lbs

8 Likes
6 Likes