Blue Furniture On SUB2K

Nothing beats a few rattlecans and a laundry bag!

9 Likes

@Matt how you liking that Holo?

1 Like

Has anyone tried hydro dipping there s2k

1 Like

10/10 high quality, I bought it as soon as the green version launched right after shot show this year. All matches and all dry fires and still on the first battery. Highly recommend the 510c

6 Likes

@Matt That’s awesome, I’ve been going back and forth on which dot to outfit the sub with. Thanks for the input

2 Likes

buy once cry once :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I saw one at a gun show, liked the color! Almost bought it, like the camo version a little better

2 Likes

Funny you should ask, I got mine last yeat as a Black Friday special wwith Wilde Built Tactical iin San Diego. The Navy was the only color on special at the time, and I almost didn’t get it. At first I thought it looked goofy but went for it anyway. Took them 6 weeks from order date til it arrived at the dealer, due to having it made CA legal, and shipped (I’m sure right along with everyone else’s BF orders). In that time, the anticipation made me grow fond of the color. Then I found MCarbo, and haven’t seen anyone else with the same color. Honestly, I was thinking of trying camo it up like Navy issued digi or woodland, it still may happen one day…

6 Likes

Am debating on having my s2k hydro dipped just need to check out patterns

2 Likes

With all the color variations produced on the S2K by Kel Tec, and custom finishes done by owners, I got to thinking.
Has anyone thought about or had any experience with peelable paint? Rust-Oleum Peel Coat or Plasti Dip for instance. (there are other makers also, Krylon, Dupli‑Color, etc.)
They can be used on most surfaces (which would include synthetic stocks on Kel-Tec etc.) from what little I have read.
Not only is it a durable protective coating, it would also be a way to change your finish from time to time or remove it and try something different if you don’t like how a particular color or scheme turns out.

1 Like

That’s a really good idea. I’ll have to look into that for sure…

2 Likes

@ejpaet Yeah I think it might be something worth looking at. It didn’t occur to me until last night when I was re-reading the thread and @Jefft1967 mentioned about having his dipped.

1 Like

@jeffing65 Who will go first? :grin:

2 Likes

lol well, since I brought it up first and I want the first digital sagebrush/lava rock camo, I have a sneaking suspicion it might be me.
My sub isn’t vain or a trailer queen, so after doing the research into every manufacturers specific product, I’m willing to take a shot at it.:sunglasses: R & D always begins somewhere. Of course crash & burn does too I guess. LOL

3 Likes

Don’t fret! From Lowe’s or Home Depot find a graffiti removal spray. It will easily strip spray paint off of metal /plastic

3 Likes

hahaha… Yeah, at wal-mart it’s on the same aisle with the $1.00 a can, “Taggers Choice” spray paint I think. :man_artist:

No worries, that peelable paint will come off. Once you warm it up, it’s bond releases by balling up an edge with your fingers then peeling it off in a sheet.

1 Like

Good use of emoji you earned this

2 Likes

@jeffing65 Lets hope for no crash and burn. But thank you for going first. Lots of photos as you go please.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if Kel-Tec will just sell the plastics/furniture in their different colors?

2 Likes

@dave67 … yes. As long as you want black, green or tan.

Forend

Grip

Stock

8 Likes