M*CARBO Brotherhood

Black Rifle Picture Thread

14 Likes

I think this deserves a whole new set of pictures.
So I’ll have a busy weekend when I get back home.

13 Likes

15 Likes

Tried to post a picture of Cheech and Chong as a joke but it got flagged at inappropriate. Bummer, I thought it was funny since this thread is about Stoners. Sorry if anyone got offended
Tom

12 Likes

@GOBLIN Buck! good god man! what kind of scope do you have on that last rifle. Looks like you could shoot the moon with that thing.:laughing:

11 Likes

Starlight, star bright, we own the night!

14 Likes

that would be a original AN/PVS-2 STARLIGHT scope. got the scope, the meta-scope, mounts for M-14,M16-A1 , and M1 carbine in the same box /kit, former US military, sold to the IDF, who in turn reconditioned it, and sold it to the US surplus market. I even got the Book, and the battery conversion block with it.
the bad thing about STARLIGHT is its size. its bulky
the GOOD thing about starlight, its passive. when all the younger guys are out there running around with the current gen NV or Thermal, it has a IR light source.
to me on STARLIGHT at night, i can use a IR at night but it is not required. LOLOL the younger guys look like kids running around with flashlights. trace the watcher to its source and they will never see you…STARLIGHT is light gathering. us old guys, we still got a few tricks…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

13 Likes

…and I was just gonna make a crack about “shooting the moon” (pun intended)… :grinning:

9 Likes

Starlight is still good technology but on the darkest nights, almost useless. I’ll take a thermal over NV anytime. No need for an IR illuminator with thermal. Another plus for thermal is it’s good day or night and has more range. Have both, love them both, but if I could only choose one, it’d be thermal. As you stated though, when using NV you can easily scope your foe who is using IR illuminators, just don’t become a target by turning yours on.

11 Likes

Liking the new AR-15 category. :+1:t3:

Here’s my small contribution to this thread. Only two at the moment (though not 100% sure if the .22lr really belongs here, but it looks the part) with a potential build in the pipeline. Yes, just one more…I have control of the situation… :crazy_face:

I’m just waiting to see what happens when @ValorSolo gets the camera warmed up this weekend, methinks someone’s gonna blow this thread up! :grinning:

11 Likes

8" 300 AAC pistol. Perfect for playing helicopter door gunner while chasing hogs on an ATV…

15 Likes

7.5 inch 5.56 pistol, for a tiny DI 5.56 gun I’m suprised how well it runs and it’s not quite as obnoxious to be arround when shooting as I expected

15 Likes

@Chris19d What kind of a muzzle device is on that pistol?:+1:

8 Likes

Strike industries cookie cutter

14 Likes

I had to throw something in here. It’s 556.
This is the one I brought to work this week.

12 Likes

Damnit brother? where you work at? ya’ll Hire any beat up old dudes? I will work cheap if thats a perc!!!

11 Likes

I don’t actually carry it to work. I do wear my EDC, though.
But I like to bring 'em and play at the motel, after work.

12 Likes

I suspected as much @GOBLIN. Something suspiciously “motel” about this photo posted in the “AR Enthusiasts” thread a couple of weeks back…unless brother Charles has a thing for ice buckets (with unused plastic liner), bagged plastic cups and the use of hard-wearing loop pile carpet of a pattern typically used in commercial applications at his home… :grinning:

That said, having spent some time in motels for work in the past, there isn’t a whole helluva lot to do in the evenings so it makes sense to me. :+1:t3:

13 Likes

Rocking the 50’s

13 Likes

My first build, it started out as an M4 clone kit. Changed up the furniture, tear drop FA, Three Prong FS and a surplus sling. It also has an AR Mag. Lock, for compliance as a break action rifle.

11 Likes