M*CARBO Brotherhood

Bitten By Charging Handle

Well I was dry fireing my sub 2000 ( I haven’t got the upgrades yet ) and was charging and the handle bit me

It was a nice blood blister till it popped. I am hoping to take it out shoot for first time. Hope it doesn’t happen at range. It would be kinda embarrassing. And it stings.

11 Likes

nothing quite like a slide/bolt bite to grab you attention!!:+1:

10 Likes

@GOBLIN

I remember my Glock 17’s first chunk of skin! Not one of my ‘finer’ moments…

10 Likes

first one i got bit by was a Ruger P85. ya only have ta get distracted for a split second…

9 Likes

My worse bite was on my ak, adjusting the safety, pulled the trigger with my finger on the cross rivet. Smacked square on my finger nail. Yeah it smarted quite a bit.

10 Likes

@SteelerfanJoe I was getting bitten by the stock charging handle too but upgraded to the recoilless charging handle and it totally solved that issue for me.

11 Likes

Greetings Brotherhood,
This AM I was seated at a BK and listening to a group of mature gentlemen in a distant section talking about their doctor visits, battle scars and body functions…I started saying to myself then I have that and that’s what I’m going through! Then it hit me , I’m a old fart too! My new recoiless charging handle and bolt tube cover helps alot in prevention and body scars! lol. MSG Mike @ Ft Benning

11 Likes

@GOBLIN Ah yes the Pinch’ Pinch’ Bite’ Bite’ Factor! will get your Attention first thing in the AM’ Then the( Birth) of the charging handle Cover by Mcarbo!:rofl:

9 Likes

All Things SUB-2000!
The other day while shooting my sub2000 I got bit by the charging handle!!! OUCH!
This made me think it would be a great improvement for the charging handle to be capable of folding forward much closer to the stock tube to prevent from being struck by the reciprocating handle yet capable of folding out when necessary to charge the gun.
Since it appears the bottom is the location for the charging handle a handle that would fold yet provide a sufficient area to easily charge the gun could be made which I believe would be a major improvement in the design and functionality.

Phil Owens SFC Ret.

6 Likes

Lol yeah it’s happened to me too. Wanna know How i fixed it? Purchase the mcarbo charging handle, any of them would solve your issue. I put the recoiless handle on mine and no blisters sense… happy shooting brother.

6 Likes

Agreed agreed agreed agreed… lol… sorry just wanted to post that one word but made me type more

5 Likes

Does getting bit by the wife in 1999 count as a “Sub2K bite”? :joy: just saying…

5 Likes

only if it required sutures to close… if it was my ex it woulda also required a tetanus :crazy_face: shot…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes