M*CARBO Brotherhood

Best Long Range Scope Around $1000

Forgive me if this has already been discussed. I would appreciate input on the best “Long Range” (1,000-1,200 yds.) scope in the 1K price range?

3 Likes

I like ZEISS, www.zeiss.com I have a Victory series, they a bit more than you want to spend, but the ZEISS Conquest V4 4-16 X50 ZMOAi-1 illuminated reticle ,(#93) .25MOA
ext . elevation turret , ballistic stop, Parallax adj (10yds to oo) excellent scope, entry level for ZEISS, $1099.99

5 Likes

@GOBLIN

That is in ‘around $1000 range’ but a bit more than I will EVER spend… Big smiles!

5 Likes

LOLOL the Victory series low end is up around $3,780.00 mine was bought in 1969, at $2,800 1969 dollars. it goes back every 5 years for a fluff and buff, free, just because…
if your shooting distance, a excellent optic is probably going to cost around double what you paid for the platform your on…

3 Likes

HOOT …

And this is EXACTLY why I never attempted qualification for long range at my former club. To make it certain, I own exactly one rifle that is useful past 200 yards - my Browning BLR in .308 (my spare mag cost me more than most of my glass since it’s Belgian born).

I know me. If I let myself start chasing 0 MOA performance, I’ll be riding a bicycle to the range 'cause proper glass costs like cars and motorcycles. So, I’ve promised to revisit my position as soon as I stumble across a winning powerball ticket. Till then, I can afford glass that sees great at 100 yards for precision rimfire fun.

@GOBLIN … $2,800 in '69 - ouch. I’m just gonna guess you didn’t make Woodstock, NY that summer.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: wood stock was cheap. problem with Woodstock, the first one had all the young gals runnin around , well you know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
and then tha second one had the same gals only they were not so young gals dancein round in the same state of undress… :scream: Gravity was not good to some people…
that scope cost me a 1947 chevy round back i had rebuilt, plus about 4 months pay for unk to front me the money for it.

now i look for used. Both my ACOG’s TA01 s are reconditioned units.

5 Likes

Vortex Viper PST 6-24X50 FFP is being sold here for $599 with the MilRad EBR-2 reticle. An exceptional scope, was formerly $949.00… The reticle is solid gold, IMO.

https://www.eurooptic.com/vortex-viper-pst-6-24x50-ffp-riflescope-with-ebr-2c-reticle-mrad-pst-43128-new.aspx

5 Likes

@Dred Was checking out the new Burris XTRIII series, in 3.3X18X50 and 5.5X30X56 but both of those are over $2000
I would be easier, If we knew what calibre , bullet weight, and platform Cuervo was using, could get a lot more creative on glass, know what i mean?

4 Likes

Goblin, thanks. This is great information and the scope is still within the parameters of the $1K range. I will certainly make note of this scope. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

That is a GREAT price.

1 Like

Tikka T3 Heavy barrel .308

2 Likes