Best Laser Set Up for Sub 2000

I’m looking for some good suggestions for adding a laser to my Sub 2000. I have the newer model with the molded in picatinny on the bottom (where I’d like to mount the laser. Thansk!

2 Likes

Avoid cheap junk on Amazon. Most of it is crap for paintballers or airsoft. Won’t hold zero on a real firearm.

Streamlight has a decent combination light/laser. Check out the TLR RM2. If you are going to use the S2k for home defense, the light is more beneficial than the laser. You can’t shoot what you can’t see. Or shouldn’t.

Before buying a laser, I’d first invest in a good quality red dot if you don’t already have one. It is superior to a laser as an aiming device.

However… one advantage of the laser is it has a very strong deterrent effect.

3 Likes

There is lots of space so I would look for a good brand on sale or clearance. Green and rechargeable would be a bonus. You might also consider a laser/light combination which is what I have.

4 Likes

I have a IProtect Q series green laser. I plan on using the laser as a aiming point for shooting from the hip.

3 Likes

@Tphillips makes an overlooked point. Having a zeroed laser makes it easier to get on target with a new optic or irons.

4 Likes

Olight makes some nice stuff…

1 Like

I gave up on Yugo’s and bought the Ferrari for zeroing optics and sights. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum.
Assuming SUB2K.
What is your budget, low and high end, should it apply?
Cheers,

1 Like

I’m actually looking for the deterrent effect - live down a long dark private road and had a vehicle sit in my driveway at 4 a.m. - no business being there.

1 Like

I’m thinking about a light combo - want it to be green laser.

2 Likes

Something decent - I’d like a pretty long range green laser. A powerful flashlight wouldn’t hurt. I’ve looked at some of the other guys recommendations and I don’t know if a pistol type would work or do I need a pressure pad.

1 Like

I am very happy using the Steamlight TLR4 laser/light combo - works quite well mounted on the lower rail.

And the pricepoint is reasonable. Excellent for home defense.

2 Likes

I know what you mean. I’m in a remote location that has no roads and it is pitch black at night when there’s no moon. When minutes count the closest deputy is 30 minutes away. At best.

Green is the way to go outdoors, long distance and in daylight. Indoor, in darkness or even room lighting, red is fine.

Thinking about your recent situation and remote location… I’ll make a suggestion. Save your pennies and first get a night vision device. You don’t need to drop 3 grand on a night vision riflescope. Look for something handheld. I’ve seen lower end handhelds for around 300 bucks. Reason being… know who you are pointing the gun at. If you aren’t sure, it could be an LEO, game warden or just some innocent person who is lost. You don’t want to point a laser at a cop sitting in his cruiser or unmarked vehicle late at night. The laser sends a very blunt message: I have a gun pointed at you. That can be effective as long as you have some idea who you are pointing it at.

2 Likes

Olight Baldr Pro on my Sub 2k.

Works a treat. Have it it green and in IR. I would not use a weapon mounted laser as a deterent though.

3 Likes

Correct - got a cheap-o somewhere in my collection - wasn’t a cop though - looked like meth heads or a lost drunk.

2 Likes

Thanks - just ordered the Baldr Pro.

2 Likes