M*CARBO Brotherhood

Beretta 92X Performance

I just found and purchased a Beretta 92X Performance (I could not help myself). It may take a while to get in, but I will post my thoughts once I get it.

Anyway, does anyone know if the MCARBO Beretta 92FS / M9 / 92 / 96 Pro Trigger Kit will work in the 92X Performance?

4 Likes

Well, I am going to find out. Just ordered the Pro Trigger Kit along with new Lok grips.

4 Likes

Well keep us appraised.

3 Likes

Got it in today. Yes, I have already changed the grips to Lok grips.

6 Likes

@em44052
Badass!!
Love those grips. :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Well, the Beretta 92X Performance is headed back to the factory. I tried to adjust the trigger over travel adjustment screw, and it would not budge. I actually broke two small allen wrenches trying to get it loose with no luck. It is either cross threaded from the factory, or someone put red locktite on the screw. According to the manual, it should not have locktite from the factory.

2 Likes

Well that’s a bummer.
Hope they can turn it around quickly.

2 Likes

I got my Beretta back Friday. Everything is good now. I took it apart and installed the MCARBO pro spring kit and the LTT Optimized Trigger Bar. I also polished the internals. I used the 12 lb hammer spring and all other springs, but liked the stock trigger return spring better. There was not enough feedback on the MCARBO trigger spring for me, and was too light for my taste.

On the trigger bar, I had to remove some material from the rear bottom area to allow the slide to work when the hammer was down. The trigger bar would not drop down far enough to allow the slide to position to the rear.

Overall, I am happy with the results. I have a 2.5 lb SA and a 6.5 lb DA. There were no videos out to remove the frame mounted safety, but it was pretty straight forward. The most difficult part of the process was removing the very small pin holding the safety lever, and replacing the detent and spring positioned below the safety. This took me a while to get back together.

6 Likes

Finally had time to shoot the Beretta yesterday. It worked flawlessly and the sights were dead on with no adjustments needed. I am not a big fan of the take down lever. It is supposed to be used as a place for your thumb, but to me, it is a little small for that function. I am also not sure if it is in the correct position for me. I may see if I can replace it with a 92 FS take down lever.

92xperformance_zoom004 - Copy

3 Likes

Glad you have it back and it’s working as it should. I’ve wondered about that TDL, never had any issues with the 92 series lever.

Shoot the rhino…September's Handgunners Target
Post your result…September Match Div. HG 2 results

2 Likes