M*CARBO Brotherhood

Beretta 92 (FS, other)

Who out there owns this gun and has installed the trigger kit? Any other easy mods? Thank you. Beretta|690x481

4 Likes

That is one nice looking handgun!!

4 Likes

Welcome to the Brotherhood, Rob. I have a 92FS - my first handgun, as a matter of fact - but never did a trigger job on it because it didn’t need it. I did polish the hammer and sear because I do that on all my firearms, but it has a 4lb trigger pull SA and 8lb DA. Yeah, it’s a little heavy, but it’s very smooth, no creep, and has a crisp break. I’m used to it so I never changed it. MCARBO trigger kit is only $29.95 so you wouldn’t break the bank putting it in.

4 Likes

Yes I bought the kit!

1 Like

INOX (Stainless) for the gun. WickedGrips for the replacement grips.

1 Like

@robjordan welcome to the forum rob

2 Likes

Welcome to the Brotherhood, Rob. That is a fine looking handgun you got there!!!

4 Likes

@robjordan Welcome aboard. Nice pistol. I did the spring kit on mine (M9) along with the stainless guide rod. No regrets. I’ve also installed the G type de-cocker along with L & S Walnut grips Other easy mods, considering either the S type or LTT trigger bar.

2 Likes

Thank you. I will start with the spring kit!

1 Like

@robjordan FWIW, I used the 12lb hammer spring and have not had any light primer strikes or other FTF’s. I’d suggest buying an additional 1/16" punch and lightly grinding it down, reducing the diameter, at least 3/8" to 1/2" from the tip. Unless you have a .5mm punch. You’ll need this to remove the safety/de-cocker.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I’m replacing the trigger at the same time. going with Metal (not synthetic) with bright red powdercoat. Just for fun!

3 Likes

finished installing the 12# spring. I’m no gunsmith, so I went to YouTube and watched a bunch of guys overthink everything. Believe me, this is a total piece of cake and a 5 minute install at most. I used a screwable wood clamp to take the pressure off the lanyard hook at the base of the grip, then pounded out the pin that holds the hook with a hammer and upside down finishing nail! Reverse the process to wrap it up. The trigger is lighter and very predictable. First trip to the range and this is one fine gun. Feels perfect in my hands; good weight; low recoil; dead nuts at 15’. It’s a sexy gun too, with its Italian heritage. Now if I could only find 9mm bulk ammo. Next tricks: new trigger. Stay tuned!

4 Likes

I love my 92FS - it just feels right and it’s front-heavy enough to reduce muzzle flip so the second shot is easier to make. And it is sexy. LOL It’s just a little too big for IWB carry, though, so it usually stays in the nightstand. I haven’t done anything to mine except polish the sear and hammer.

1 Like

what do you carry?

I have a small Walter CCP, but it jammed on me once, so that sticks in the back of my mind. I THINK I would like a small revolver but with a hammer and a laser light, to keep in the nightstand and to carry (not very often) plus it’s so simple my wife could use it: “honey, pull the hammer back. point the laser. then pull the trigger.” In the heat of the moment, I would hate for her to have to remember to rack the slide on the Beretta.

@robjordan

I might be missing something here so anybody feel free to correct me…I don’t own a Beretta 92 but with a round already chambered (I think it goes into half-cocked position) can’t it be fired in single or double action like the revolver?..they both have hammers. And with a round already chambered in the Beretta is that not the same as having a round already in the cylinder of the revolver? Either gun can be fired in double action where she would not have to remember “in the heat of the moment” to cock or pull a hammer back before she fires?

3 Likes

The 92 series does have a de-cocker, the hammer goes all the way down and the pistol is now in DA mode. Yes, a round in the chamber, de-cocked, will fire just like a revolver. Every shot afterwards is in SA mode.

Edit: I should also mention when the de-cocker is used, it now on safe and must be returned to fire. The G model de-cocker remedies this and is available from many sources.

3 Likes