M*CARBO Brotherhood

Bent brass? One side "flattened"

First post for me. Already learned a ton from other posts.
Brand new .40 cal Sub2k. Fired about 100 rounds. No problems but curious. every one of my spent brass casings has been “flattened” on one side. (Hope I loaded the pic right) Does that indicate any issues? I’ve had zero FTF or FTE. Gun runs fine.
Thanks!

6 Likes

Welcome @tgun
Didnt step on them did you? Spring on the magazine?

5 Likes

LOL, no, didn’t step on them. Every one of them was like this. I used 3 different Glock 15 rd. mags, so I wouldn’t think that did it. It may not be an issue at all but I wanted to make sure.
I don’t reload but I due save up my brass & sell it.

5 Likes

@tgun Welcome aboard. No, any given firearm can cause some sort of brass deformation upon ejection, or not. Nothing to worry about.

9 Likes

That’s what I was hoping I’d hear. Thanks!

5 Likes

My glock used to put a small crease in the brass. Most of the time deformations like that are from the brass being slapped against the slide while being elected.(or against the reciever depending on the gun)

7 Likes

@tgun
Welcome to the brotherhood Travis.

5 Likes

@tgun

I’m curious Travis.
Look on the edge of the stock, at the rear of the ejection port, for signs of the casing hitting it. My s2k 40 cal had impact marks from that.

I posted some pics in one of the threads but I can’t find it at the moment.

@GOBLIN Do you remember the pics I’m thinking of.

4 Likes

that was a while back but yea i remember em. someone was working on a buffer for the 40 to deflect… Lot of firearms pull that stunt, My HK93 creases cases so bad, all 556 i roll thru it goes in the 300BO bucket.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s been a while. I put a small piece of self adhesive Velcro (non loop half) on mine to absorb some of the impact.

4 Likes

@GOBLIN

Your mention of the buffer was what I needed to find it. “Velcro”. :+1: LOL

@tgun Take a look at the pics in this link. Look at yours, where I put the Velcro on mine, and see if there are impact marks.

5 Likes

@tgun Here’s the pics of the impact marks on mine.

5 Likes

Clarification!
Mine didn’t flatten or damage any of the brass from the impact, that I remember.

4 Likes
 I looked at the ejection port & I can see the marks your pic showed. Not as pronounced as yours but I've only fired about a hundred rounds through it. I'll keep an eye on it as I fire more. If it gets significantly worse, I'll try your velcro fix.

Thanks for all responses!
Travis

5 Likes

Being a new gun, I wouldn’t expect yours to be as extensive as mine.

I don’t know if it’s flattening the brass but you could put something there to cushion the impact, shoot some rounds, and see what happens…

4 Likes

you might try these:

I ran across them a couple months ago. Have not tried them and doubt I will but it might save some brass

5 Likes

Thanks for suggestions! I’ve received the Mcarbo shell deflector. I haven’t installed it yet. I know it won’t resolve this issue but I’ll wait till I shoot with it installed, then figure out a plan.
Thanks!

5 Likes

No prob for reloaders – those will resize right out. If it was a serious “folded” type crease, then sometimes maybe makes a weak spot. Your little flat spot will not be a problem.

6 Likes