M*CARBO Brotherhood

Bear defense weapon

Hell I had a bear break into my tent & destroy a tube of Crest toothpaste 1 day while we were out of camp.

7 Likes

They Are of the Pig Family! and will Eat anything Antifreeze,Oil,
Especially if they have a Face full of Quills that are Infected He be pissed off at the World and Hungry!

8 Likes

Found it:

“Gabriel and his father, Greg Alexander, were in the middle of a camping trip in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park Saturday. The two were 40 miles into a 50-mile backpacking trip when they took a break, sleeping in hammocks 10 feet away from each other. Around 10:30 p.m. near Hazel Creek in the North Carolina section of the park, Greg Alexander said he was startled awake.”

7 Likes

That is why you do not feed them. You do not put up with them getting into your garbage or anything.
I think they are cool as ****, but once they start hanging around, they will always be back and that means eventually that encounter will not be good. Obviously if they are finding food, they are hungry when they come around, how do you think that is going to work out eventually?

9 Likes

True’ Enforcement of Proper garbage containment by the City and make it hurt their Wallets for those who are Stuck on Stupid’ Last year with no Salmon&Berries This year not looking Much better as to their food Source’ The Police Only had to put down a Few Bears’ Which is a Hell of lot Better than in the Past.
The People of Juno Town are Finally getting the Picture’ And it’s nice to not be Awaken by the Bears in the Neighbors Garbage at 2 am all Summer long.

10 Likes

2AM should be a Great time to go outside in low visibility & take a flash pictures of marauding grizzlies ( notice the plural grizzlies ) for some great pictures. Have a safe & peaceful summer every one !

8 Likes

@DirtSalior
Did you get out to take some shots?
or
@DivaMarie
How is the bear situation?

City here changed garbage pickup to once every 2 weeks.
That’s to long for garbage to stay outdoors in the summer without ripening and then attracts bears, skunks, racoons.
I now make a dump run and leave garbage locked up indoors.
Not a perfect solution but saves having to clean up.
Bad Municipal planning intended on saving $$$

6 Likes

Yep. I still remember on my first Boy Scouts of America camping trip…they drilled into us …no food or toiletries in the tent and everything in a bag 15’ high from a tree branch. :bear::scream:

Next camping trip I may just bring 3% hydrogen peroxide instead of toothpaste to brush my teeth…:grin:

Then they taught us one by one how to use a double headed axe. The guy in front of me lost his backswing stance and clipped the back of his head…the blood spewed on me! :scream:

When I first moved on my land I had a tent. Left a full 6 pack cooler with Watneys Ale outside of the tent…woke up and it was gone! :scream:
I searched and searched but couldn’t find it. Years later I was hiking over the next ridge and down in the edge of a creek I found my cooler…full of bear bites and the beer survived. It was the type where the handle rotates over the top to secure it. I brought it home a drank my beers! :beers::sunglasses:

9 Likes

@MountainHunter @Moosecall
This is My first Time I’ve used City Garbage in 40yrs, I Stored in my shed with locks and dead bolts,but after last year with Shed doors torn off, and Fence panels getting destroyed Mine and Neighbors 8ft Doubled panels.
Let alone having to Reset 4 Damn 12 gauge Primer Alarms.
With all the Boat People here doing ‘‘Monkey Meat’’ Every night on the Barbie’ Ringing the Bell for every bear up in the Valleys of Lemon Creek Glacier Here,and them not cleaning the grill !
It just lost the Fun Factor for Me. :joy:

4 Likes

@DivaMarie

Yes, DivaMarie I am guilty of late night summer grilling but for the most part that is my only window in the day. And, when I do I’m continuously on the lookout and walk out to check the BBQ often just in case.

I know at times I might be watched from the cedar hedges as one time I walked close to them and when I went to pickup the pond cleaner something big bolted. So it was there just hanging out waiting.

There hasn’t been an incident only occasional chance encounters. Since I have been making often dump runs, no recent encounters with black bears.

Sorry to hear about your bear problem, I’m thinking not many wooden doors will stop a grizzly. Keep making the dump runs, they might decide to use your front door, I’m certain you already planned out for that if it happens?

Cheers,

4 Likes

@Moosecall So…does this look like a bear was here? Lol :bear::sunglasses:

8 Likes

I think so, looks similar to stumps and logs I’ve seen torn apart, most of those looked like the bear was after ants. Your photo looks like grubs were on the menu.

8 Likes

Eating termites? I dont know any better.

8 Likes

See Tony…it’s time to consider moving this way where the bears are smaller and kinder. :bear::sunglasses:
What’s wrong with those people? :face_with_monocle:
How’s the temps up your way?

5 Likes

Uh ohhhhh… What’s wrong with this bear? :bear:

Don’t touch my Subaru!!:scream:

Mange?:joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

Been in Texas too long. What’s a bear?

6 Likes

A year or so ago, this big ol’ bear near Norton, VA was run down:

8 Likes

@Moosecall @MountainHunter My Prior Post was not Directed towards any of My Brothers here about having a Barbie in the yard, It was about My boat people Neighbors who collect a P.F.D./Oil Check from Alaska’ and Still playing Stupid when it comes to City laws, and Speaking English in Public, Having Subic Bay Flash Backs :laughing:
@MountainHunter The Subaru looks better than the Rub Marks on Bears Ass’ Now that would be a Taxidermist Night Mare to make a Rug.
Had a bear clawing at My Neighbors Cedar Tree Last Night Now thats a First and a Serious Wake Up Call for Her at the Bedroom Window.

7 Likes

No prob, I hear you.

What is this you say, Alaska citizens get an oil cheque.
Are you kidding me? Is it a fair amount or pocket change?
Cheers,

5 Likes

1500-2500 Every year / Resident !! from The Oil Fund Reserve’ :grinning: The First Check I Recieved was $300, In 85.

6 Likes