M*CARBO Brotherhood

Bear defense weapon 🐻

Is it really bruin if is black?

5 Likes

good question, I never thought twice about.
By definition your correct, had to research the answer… Bruin does refer to brown bear.

But it’s just what I picked up over the years of hunting from articles and such.

When I use the term I am referring to the specifically large male bears only no matter what colour.

Cheers,

6 Likes

I understand. I was just posting that more as a rhetorical question :woozy_face:

3 Likes

But its true and I am glad you mentioned it because I didn’t know.

3 Likes

4 Likes
4 Likes

That is messed up. One day the bear will close the door behind him…

When you tame a wild animal, expect the unexpected.

Just saying, that is why “wild” animals should should for the most part avoid-fear human contact, keep us alive longer.

8 Likes

Bear ski patrol…:bear: :scream:

3 Likes

I have been there! The bears have gotten more and more acclimatized with the people. And they’re protected from human hunting. There are estimated 7000 of them in Romania, biggest population in Europe.

Sadly, tourists feed them so they got used to that. Some guys in the video even asked “does anyone has something to eat?”

5 Likes

Does that fall under that category of you don’t have to be crazy to do that but it helps?

4 Likes

Rats, Play error message… Video was disabled by the video owner.

3 Likes

Click…Watch on YouTube…:sunglasses:

4 Likes

11 Likes

fjb

12 Likes

Holy Yogi Batmannnnn

4 Likes

So, I Prospect quite often in Bear Country, and Cat Country. A Dog is a good tool. A Dog with an “Alarm Nose” is very handy. And with Prospecting, enjoying the day by, or close to a River or Stream, you folks know that the water is actually quite loud. And when One is concentrating on “something” and lost in the “sound”, sometimes One’s guard is down. So, it’s dangerous in regards to getting snuck up on. This isn’t always how I carry in the Woods, but this is how I carry if I feel like I am going to probably encounter a Bear. Well that sounds dumb, could be anytime, but when the odds are high I mean…
I always have my Marlin 1895 SBL Lever Gun in .45-47 Government. With me at all times. Like at all times… Yes I could have the AR-10 with me. But I’m good with the Marlin too, and that’s my tool of choice for this procedure. On the hip is a 1987 era SS Ruger Red Hawk 7-1/2" Revolver in .44 Magnum. [Next, and most important] I AWAYS carry my Springfield XDM Stainless in .45 ACP, 13 +1, on MY CHEST in a Chest Holster I ordered from a place in Alaska. Which holds a spare Mag. So if I do wind up in the Fetal Position with the beast on me. The Firearm is right there. Just don’t “drop” the beast on you…
So that’s how I roll… Some may criticize, and so be it… BTY… Anytime I am out it the Woods I ALWAYS have “A” Rifle, and “A” Side Arm, and the P238 in the Boot, [a cowboy needs a “hide-out”]. But the “Chest Rig” Never leaves me. Even sitting around the fire at the end of the day or curled up in the sleeping bag…
Happy December 1st Folks !!!
_

6 Likes
6 Likes

Holy shit! Looks like Yogi finally ate the basket… perhaps Boo-Boo too. And, has anyone seen Ranger Smith lately?

7 Likes

@TexasEskimo aren’t you glad you don’t live up here anymore lol? The bears are getting out of control

4 Likes

@evL

I fully agree. :ok_hand:

Where I live here in southern Idaho, there isn’t an issue with bears like there is to the north of me, but big cats are a real possibility.
I always carry my .40 s&w and a rifle or shotgun.

7 Likes