Bear defense weapon 🐻

I bought this for black bear. I’ve never been anywhere near brown bear. If I was near brown bear, I wouldn’t trust anything less than .44 mag as a side arm

6 Likes

@Savage636, So how do you like that XDM 10MM? That one is high on my list except I think I want the XDM 3.8" OSP model.

2 Likes

@Texprep It’s fun to shoot, but with being a poly frame, it kicks. I really wanted a 10mm 1911, but I couldn’t find one to save my life. The tactical sights suck, so my plan is to mount a red dot eventually

2 Likes

IMHO… What would be great is the SUB2K modified to chamber 10mm ++.
I would be more-than-confident in carrying for black bear.
Just a thought to share.

5 Likes

Blowback on 10mm is toooooo much! So I hear. :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

@MountainHunter
Good point.

There are ways to reduce the blowback, I think anyway, no so much as muzzle break or similar that might not be legal in some places.

If manufactured and warrantied to the firearm might pass??? guessing?

4 Likes

I would want ALL-of the energy from 10mm to blow forward on a bear…reliably…:bear::boom::boom::boom:

5 Likes

Can’t feed 10mm through Sub 2k grip frame.

6 Likes

What if the SUB2K design was kept but modified, however that might apply to pass 10mm?

4 Likes
4 Likes

That looks like a brown bear. I had no idea their range was in Arizona, interesting.

4 Likes

Maybe reintroduced, I found this interesting video as well.

4 Likes

5 Likes

I shoot a Glock 40 MOS 10mm. The recoil on that is pretty similar to my 45 auto Range Officer. The Glock has a 6 in barrel but is plastic. The RO has a 5 in barrel but is all steel. The RO is a little more of a push, the G40 has a little more snap, but over all they seem, subjectively, to be pretty much the same as far as getting back on target. Did change the trigger to Zev on the Glock though. RO’s got a great trigger.

4 Likes

Coworker sent me this gamecam screenshot:

fjb

10 Likes

@Slowest
Wow nice bear. Here they are supposedly all denned.

6 Likes

'round these parts (southern Appalachians) they don’t go into actual hibernation. It doesn’t get cold enough for long enough.

5 Likes

Bear can be out 24/7 x 365 here too. Maybe if we have a blizzard they will settle in somewhere…but I don’t remember any serious blizzards in the 21 years I’ve been here.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Wow, I would not want to cross paths with that bruin.

8 Likes