M*CARBO Brotherhood

Bear defense weapon 🐻

What we didn’t see was the cub up the tree behind you :skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones:

5 Likes

It might just be scratching its butt up there…:grin::bear:

5 Likes

…and most likely the last thing you will see on this earth.

6 Likes

Yea for a buddy…:bear::boom::boom::boom: :beers:

5 Likes

That’s a heck of a story to tell your grandchildren.

5 Likes

Take that you grizzly azz bear!!!…:bear::rage::boom::boom::boom:

3 Likes

Working in grizzly country is NOT for the feint of heart. Awareness starts at the trail head & ends After you start your truck going home. Don’t forget the mountain lions & moose also.

3 Likes

@DirtSalior When I was in Shungnak and Kobuk Alaska, they told me that moose killed more people than bear.

4 Likes

Another man gets mauled in Alaska…

4 Likes

Same applies to Yellowstone N P & the tourist trying to get a better picture.

3 Likes

Not many tourist in Shungnak. No roads and fly in only on a small dirt runway. It is a small Inuit village.

5 Likes

Happened again in Yellowstone…

5 Likes

Maybe it’s not so grizzly with “global butt warming” ? :face_with_monocle::sunglasses::bear::man_shrugging::cut_of_meat:

3 Likes

Old goat him back…

7 Likes

Check… take the old goat with me when hiking.

5 Likes

I had to look it up:
Shungnak – Northwest Arctic Borough (nwabor.org)

It is a traditional Inupiaq village with a subsistence lifestyle. The sale or importation of alcohol is banned in the village. High School students from Kobuk attend school in Shungnak.
Shungnak, on the west bank of the Kobuk River, was originally located 10 miles further upstream at Kobuk until river erosion and flooding forced the village to relocate.

I am thinking about that Kobuk, for them Shungnak is the “new city”?

2 Likes

@SoNic , correct. Very interesting place to visit. They do not like outsiders, but our church has developed a relationship with them and we have been able to perform mission work. My wife did a Good News Club for the children. All children and pets love her. She was born to work with children.

The sale of alcohol may be banned, but alcoholism is a big problem in the village. They just make their own.

5 Likes

Although I am fascinated by those remote and small places and cultures, and would like to visit them, I can completely understand their dislike of outsiders. Especially with their history of alcohol abuse. It’s nothing to do in those long winter nights. Faced with similar conditions, Russians in Siberia just embraced the alcoholism :wink:

PS: If I state a similar dislike of outsiders, I am called a racist and xenophobe, just because my skin color. I am not allowed to dislike anyone :laughing:

5 Likes

That’s why they have those horns, defense ! Mother Nature at work.

5 Likes

Big Black Bear

7 Likes