M*CARBO Brotherhood

Bear At My Fishing Hole In SE AK

This Rare Glacier Bear Shared his Creek with me today,

17 Likes

@DivaMarie Nice pictures. Who caught more fish?

7 Likes

He Did because I was in such Awe in being able to see one of these Finally after Hunting and been in SE for 50 years, I couldn’t even think about pulling the Trigger.:thinking:

8 Likes

Sign of a good fishing hole :+1:

6 Likes

@DivaMarie That is a beautiful animal! We just have your basic black bears around here - congratulations on such an awesome wildlife sighting. I had the “Great White Squirrel” (lol) pay a visit one time. Biggest one I’ve ever seen and an albino - only ever saw it once, I should try and dig those pics up…

7 Likes

Beautiful Bruin! Never saw a Glacier bear when I used to live on Kodiak Island but saw lots and lots of brownies when I was salmon fishing or deer hunting. We used to beat pots & pans together to scare them off when taking the trash out in the evening. Whenever we had someone visiting from the lower 48, we would take them out to the town garbage dump where you could always see one or two bears

8 Likes

@DivaMarie I know it’s not politically correct , but when I see a bear in the wild, this is the first thing that comes to mind.

Here is a picture when I needed a fat guy with me.

Not in SE AK , About 75 miles north of Utqiagvik (Barrow)

7 Likes

@godallmighty My dad was stationed up at Barrow when he was in the Army back in the '30s. He used to say they had 2 seasons up there, winter and the 4th of July lol

7 Likes

@TriggerHappy I must have missed the 4th of July. Only winter :scream:

6 Likes

How True! But it’s also very common Here in SE AK! On a ‘‘Crap Year’’ to have Rain Rain and More Rain ! Then a Summer of only 4 day’s of Sun around the fourth of July And That Be All Folk’s !:scream: Then comes the first Foot of Snow before the Middle of October !:sob: And they wonder why their might be a Drinking Problem in Remote Area’s of AK.

3 Likes

Are you Pulling My Leg Here or What ? :joy: They have just Recently Discovered in Certain Area’s of Coastal Regions that we have Flying Squirrels.

2 Likes

@DivaMarie In all my time in AK I never saw a drinking problem. They always got in their mouth :rofl:

5 Likes

Classic! ROTFLMAO !!:crazy_face:

2 Likes

@DivaMarie One of my niece’s had a pet flying squirrel years ago in North Bend Wa. Maybe they’re flyin’ farther north for the summer now hahaha I really did see the Great White Squirrel… :smiley:

2 Likes

It really is a small World! I used to fish above North Bend for some of the best Eastern Brook Fishing in the Beaver Ponds on the Old Logging Area’s.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Beaver pond fishing for brookies was always my favorite as a kid. I have a sweet sit on top kayak and want to get back into it more but so many hobbies so little time… How about Loup Loup, Conconully, Loomis, Wauconda?? These are my old stompin’ grounds :sunglasses:

1 Like

All the Above !! And Lake ALTA Chesaw, Conconully, Wenatchee,Orville, Worked for my brother/Family Business Wenatchee Volkswagen/Audi Dealership, for a couple years, Then back to AK in Early 80’s.

2 Likes

Small world indeed. Alta Lake and a portion of Pateros burned in a firestorm a few years ago. Oroville, Lake Osoyoos, Molson and Chesaw are getting built up now. Mostly wealthy Canadians and their 2nd “southern home” lol.

This happened literally 5 miles from home… (not to me)
“There’s a bear on the car” :joy: (I think he just wanted to go for a ride hahaha)

5 Likes

:sunglasses: Funny, Hey if you Really Want Bear Video’s and our lives as we know it in Juno Town Ak go on (Face books to Juneau Bear Sightings) ! The Big Overgrown Hairy Muskeg Rats are Everywhere !!:rofl:

2 Likes

“Big Overgrown Hairy Muskeg Rats” Hahahaha :joy:

2 Likes