M*CARBO Brotherhood

Be On The Lookout

Keep a eye out tonight up in the nights sky. What for, you ask? Well I just sent my sear spring into low earth orbit! Last I saw it was a glint in the sky as it exited the atmosphere. It was the mcarbo sear spring from the kit :sob::sob::cry::cry:.

9 Likes

@CatFood Hey Mike, was wondering how your Saturday night went looking for your sear spring? I kept going outside looking up but didn’t see anything…:man_shrugging:

10 Likes

@CatFood I’m Still Laughing !:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl: AND WE HAVE LIFT OFF !! Such a Waste of a Saturday night :thinking:! If you think this Night was Fun! Wait for the (Safety spring and Ck ball) Adventure! Stay Tuned Sports Fans same Time next week.My Brother’ You are not the’‘first or the last’’ to have the same Fun time,been there and done that’ :sunglasses: Flinger’ssssssss

6 Likes

I did that! With every spring there was!! I did find them all, however, even in thick shag carpet in the back of a dimly lit bailhouse. The only thing that did not happen wrong was I didn’t lock the bolt forward. Cos I’d already read about it here. (I already read about the springs n e-clips flyin too but that didn’t stop me. Guess I was lucky there🙄)

5 Likes

Anti-Small Gun Parts Losing Device…only 20% chance small part/spring will come flying out opening. Better yet, drape a bed sheet over you and the box as you work on firearm…your own little Man Cave.:+1:

:

13 Likes

somewhere in the corner of the shop there is a hidden pile of Shovelhead oil pump Jesus-clips(you know the ones, you try to snap it on, it flies, and the first thing out your mouth is Jesus, where the hell did that go???) AR-15 selector detent springs, Mossburg sear springs, and various check balls, snap rings, E-clips ,C rings, set screws and the like.
pile must be at least 4’ tall buy now.
still havent found 1 of em.

10 Likes

@CatFood

So that was the UFO that ‘face planted’ me, the other night, Mike??? Big smiles! For my Custom 10/22 build I had ordered a pack of 3… And I thought that I had bad luck with sear springs???

6 Likes

@dave67 @DivaMarie @Boomchucker @GOBLIN @lonewolf Yes, next time I’m going to cover myself with a sheet when I reinstall the springs. Never found it, so I’m 100% sure it’s still orbiting the earth as I type. You probably missed it as it travelling beyond the speed of light. Spent about 3 hours looking for it. Ended up ordering another spring kit ugh.

I have sent many AR springs flying, mostly takedown detent springs and a buffer retainer pin that actually stuck in the ceiling. But found them all.

It was actually funny, I was watching @ChrisNelson youtube vid on the spring kit, and right before he said be careful of the sear spring, there it went, and I said a colorful word lol!

8 Likes

@CatFood

I did the ‘same exact thing’ on my Mossberg 88!!! I ended buying a new trigger assembly for under $50…, @ChrisNelson. Yes, the M*Carbo Videos attempt to teach a lesson BEFORE one’s trigger jobs go awry! However, spirit does have a sense of humor and ‘we’ are just her pawns??? Laughing madly.

6 Likes

@lonewolf that is funny isn’t it! Hindsight is 20/20 eh? It’s funny I actually said to myself, I should watch the vid first, nope, and here I sit wallowing in my self pity LOL!

7 Likes

Here is a update, finally got a picture of it.

-ok ok that’s not it, last year on vacation I was just lucky enough after my camera finished processing another night pic, just happened to capture the ISS as it was passing.

6 Likes

I think that spring must have been that errant shot on my target today. Just couldn’t have been me flinching testing new loads.

6 Likes

Now that is funny! It probably did re-enter the atmosphere. Did the hole kind of look like a P shape?

6 Likes

@CatFood found it landed outside my back door here in ireland ile fedex it back to you :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

7 Likes

LOL oh man thanks a ton!

4 Likes

Hahahahahahahahaha :dizzy: nice!

5 Likes

welcome to the forum nishison plenty of laughs here as well as info to give or recive @Nishison

4 Likes

Been there… Had that happen on the 1st SUB2K trigger spring upgrade. We found it but its was a interesting 15-20 minutes…

4 Likes

welcome to the forum @Ressor543

3 Likes

@GOBLIN Or ya find them in bottom drawer of (Snap On Taco Stand Box)years later going for a Shop Rag:smile:

3 Likes