Be Careful Out There

Blue Ridge PKWY,Va from Roanoke to Front Royal
And forwrd to Fredericksburg, MD rIMG_20180106_0057|690x463 just south of Afton Mt. 1976

Sometimes coming around a point and looking ahead you would see only ice

you would try to stop

4 Likes

jb you be better off staying at home if possible looks like alaska @Boomchucker

4 Likes

Having an epic winter at Northstar! Got 41” at the summit, I-80 closed again. All the roads closed for nearly 24hrs. I got to work just before it really hit. More on the way next three days​:snowflake::snowflake::snowflake:

4 Likes

Another 3’’ of wet snow had fallen around here! I had to call and cancel my Endocrinologist appointment. I am forbidden to push a shovel and there was no way of getting out of the driveway without the neighbor’s plow…

2 Likes

@lonewolf

When I was in Chicago, we had some neighbors that would hire local kids (teens or older), to come and clear their driveways and sidewalks.

Just a thought - maybe worth considering?

4 Likes

@Boomchucker well be carefull out there jb your getting fairly rough in many parts over there
dont take any chances tomorrows another day:four_leaf_clover::cloud_with_snow::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowman_with_snow:

1 Like

@JohnB
Many moons ago, I was one of those kids… In the eleven years that I have been here, I have not gotten one knock on my door! I am surprised that there is no ‘job hustling’ around here…

5 Likes

@lonewolf

Perhaps, then, a small ad in the local newspaper might help?

4 Likes

Expecting another big dump in Lake Tahoe tonight. It’s official: the most snow ever recorded in Truckee, CA history! One thing I learned this winter is hold the freakin’ coffee till I get to work! Them 3 hour commutes up the hill during chain controls is killin’ my kidneys!!:cold_sweat:

8 Likes

Yesterday, on Highway 41 just south of Green Bay, Wis snow and winds gusting to 60mph caused whiteout conditions resulting in a 131 vehicle pileup. One fatality, over 70 injured and transported to 7 different hospitals. Fortunately most treated and released. 6 remain in hospitals. When they tell you to stay off the roads, it’s probably a pretty good idea.
This was about 20 miles south of where I live. Bet the tow truck drivers made a fortune yesterday. Interstate 41 was closed for 13 1/2 hrs. All it takes is for one to be following too close to set it all off. Amazing how 3/4 of the vehicles I see in the ditches are 4 wheel drive SUV’s. They can’t seem to learn that 4wd gets you up to speed faster in bad conditions, but it doesn’t stop you any quicker.

4 Likes

Snow day here in Oregon. We get 8 inches of snow and they shut the freeways down and half the business shut down.

5 Likes

Well it’s hammer time again in the Sierras. Made it to the Resort today just as it all starts but don’t know when I’m getting outta here. Don’t worry about me though, staying first class Deluxe Villa, pantry is stocked, coffee, snacks…

I’m laughing at the weather😂

10 Likes

@aadavis94 are you by chance near hwy126? They actually cancelled mail service and we didn’t even get snow!

What the heck is this generation coming to? In my day we had to slog through snow drifts higher than my head just to get to school! (And yes it was uphill both ways.) :grin:

4 Likes

Me in two hours. I’m staying in-house thru Wednesday, and I remembered to bring my bathing suit this time so I can enjoy one of my life’s last truly guilty pleasures: coffee in the pool😂

9 Likes

@Johnksg you forgot to add “walk barefoot thru the snow” before “uphill both ways”
brother…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

@Boomchucker oh my, aren’t you just living the decadent life of lavish luxury?

Enjoy brother! :grin::+1:

4 Likes

Yeah I am. I was surprised they canceled mail today. I had a new trigger coming for my pistol too.

4 Likes

@aadavis94 come to ireland arron one snow flafe and theres panic more people hurt rushing to get bread and milk than slipping one the ice :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Ridiculous here. Only one grocery store open and and the line was out the door. I said F that and went back home.

4 Likes

Wife and I didn’t even miss a beat. I ran up the generator this morning to test it. Other that we have food, water, and heat for six months.

Let it snow! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes