Be Careful Out There

i hear and see on news bulletins over here that your getting a lot of snow and ice over there in parts and a lot of accidents happening so be carefull out there and stay safe and warm

12 Likes

We only received 2" or so, dissappointed :confused:

5 Likes

@cico7 watch out for the stuff you cant see black ice can be deadly

5 Likes

Yep, I slid a semi backwards for a mile and a half ended up on my side in the median out in Utah, It took the EMT’s an hour to get there and 30 min. to pull the seat cover outta my butt.

9 Likes

@Lowgear125

Wow! That is one heck of an accident. Are you ok now?

4 Likes

@hunter1916

I used to live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX area (for almost 15 years). We had trouble with black ice every year. Very scary stuff! Hard not to have an accident.

5 Likes

i used to have a van with triptronic gears was great to drive in snow and ice i never once went into a skid with it using gears only to slow down worked like antilock brakes

4 Likes

Oh yea it was years ago walked away from it. Trooper congratulated me for my handling of the situation and not getting injured or colliding with any other vehicle even told that to the owner of the truck. Then wrote me a ticket for improper use of lanes. It was all ok nobody got hurt and there were no other vehicles involved.

10 Likes

@Lowgear125 so rick are you telling me you get tickets for doing something right do that here you might get a ticket alright a concert ticket to say thank you you done great:smiley:

3 Likes

we got brief flurries here…

i think around 1974…

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

7 Likes

@linux_author arnt you the lucky one :smiley:

2 Likes

Well we’re expecting about 2 feet of snow up here in Lake Tahoe starting tonight. This after the several feet we just got last week. Going up this morning but I’ll head back home to Reno before it gets stupid out. Probably rain in Reno but up that hill it’s a whole ‘nother mother🌨

5 Likes

That there is funny!!!:grinning:

2 Likes

Supposed to get a foot of snow and -3F this weekend!
I suppose that translates to 30deg and rain.

4 Likes

have a safe trip home jb @Boomchucker

3 Likes

Drive a Semi and have a CDL the rules are different. Something like that happens a ticket will be issued no matter who is at fault, He just gave me the ticket with the least consequences, Not a serious violation, 3 of those and you will be looking for a new job. Even if you are driving a 4 wheeler with a CDL.

3 Likes

just seems a bit rough when it was not your fault and you had done everything in your power to avoid any other mishaps at which you were successful ,the law can be a bit stupid sometimes @Lowgear125

4 Likes

there was a flurry of snow in ireland last night ,early this morning THE PANIC HAS STARTED ,they do that here they see a flake of snow and were at worlds end :rofl: there will be panic buying no bread left on shelfs its really embarrassing :hot_face: we had a hard frost yesterday and no sign of grit spreader saw one last week just before it rained local councils are total idiots .

6 Likes
Christmas Loot Haul

They would just freak out in the Sierra Nevadas.

We’ve had a very active and productive snow winter so far, getting over eight feet of new snow at Northstar in the last week. I straddle two worlds: Reno which is almost protected, getting a fraction of the snow in the mountains; and work at a high elevation resort destination that gets hammered in winter. Last week it was so bad they closed Interstate 80 for two days! I was at work and there were a dozen or more cancellations, so they put me up in a Deluxe Villa.

Little perk of the job!:+1:

7 Likes

a lot of people here would hibernate if they woke up to that lol @Boomchucker

3 Likes