Backup guns: What's your preference?

For those who like guns that look like dwarf six shooters or masquerade as cell phones or vibrators here is something one better. The Ringvolver. The rumor is that Col. Alfred Bandersnatch once took down a bull moose with one of these. As if that alone weren’t a great story, it is also said that Che Guevara shot his way out of a Nicaraguan prison by concealing one of these in a place no straight man wanted to pat down.

7 Likes

@Dung

Well this is certainly one of the exceptions where you DO “keep your booger finger” on the trigger! IMO, being that I’ve never seen or used one is a total guess. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I prefer to pocket carry my Ruger LCP2 .380 in a DeSantis pocket holster as backup.

10 Likes

I go back and forth with a LCP Max (380) and sometimes LCP II (22) as backups. Both in a Vedder J-type pocket holster.

Sometimes that’s all I carry, depending on the occasion. But mostly as a backup to my Hellcat.

9 Likes

9mm derringer with a 38/200 style load on a wire speed loader. 700fps out of the little devil.

7 Likes

@Mic

6 Likes

I wish my boots were deep enough for that!!

6 Likes

Lcp max pocket holster

6 Likes

Around here a second mag for the Walther PPS in my front pocket. If a trip to Atlanta is called for then I take all 12 spare mags…

11 Likes

And if going into Atlanta at night suit up and bring the works. Its such a $hit hole these days. I used to love going threw underground atlanta grabbing a bite at johnny rockets then go watch the braves game. There new field sets on what used to be the best crappie lake ive ever fished in. Spent years of my childhood fishing that lake. And there used to be 2 small ponds up the road between the dmv and a juvenile detention center that was full of 8 to 10 pound largemouth bass and giant shellcracker brim. And to stay on topic i carry my naa mini revolver as backup when i carry backup. Sometimes i might throw my Italian 25acp in ankle holster just so it doesnt get lost in the safe.

9 Likes

The new Sig P365-380 is another good choice. It was introduced to the market mid-February 2022.
https://www.sigsauer.com/p365-380.html

5 Likes

@SnuffySmiff @HandyDave

I spent 5 years in Atlanta and was happy to leave. I worked in the city but lived well outside the perimeter. My usual carry then was a P365. Old school dress code - stuffy business attire every day so I opted for one of those compression holster shirts. Something like the one in the photo below. It took a while to get used to wearing a shirt that tight. After a while it didn’t bother me.

My backup: Initially a Bodyguard and later an LCP in a Die Hard ankle rig. Very comfortable. But ankle rigs don’t work for me now that shorts and t-shirt is my uniform of the day. Pocket J holsters now.

9 Likes

I prefer the Desert Eagle .44 mag ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

6 Likes

Deep pockets brother X2!

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure I have one of these rings in .375 H&H. Moose dropper!

6 Likes

Perhaps you are Col. Bandersnatch? You are a legend, sir!

3 Likes

11 Likes

An “old” High Standard double-action derringer in .22WMR. Only 2 shots, and only .22mag, but better than an assault key chain. Now some companies even make “self-defense” loads. Got it in a leather wallet-looking holster with a hole through it where the trigger goes. I’ll have to get a picture to post. Granted it’s not the biggest caliber, but I can stick it in my jeans watch pocket (without the wallet, of course). And I’m talking last-ditch. It mostly sits in the car in the space by my seat belt buckle. Car jack arm gets two quick barrels. I do have a cowboy-copy derringer in .357, which also takes .38spl and .38S&W, but the downside is having to cock the hammer for each shot; it also has a hellacious trigger pull. Some folks carry it cocked but if you drop one like that, forget it. The HS in D/A has an easy trigger pull, and no external hammers to cock. Once they made them in .38 I think, but try to find one. Don’t know why the concept never came back.

4 Likes

Walther PPK/S in my pocket or ankle holster to backup my Hellcat or Glock 27.

5 Likes

My great uncle carried one in 22wmr as a backup while serving in the Highway Patrol. He pointed his index finger down between the barrels and fired it with his middle finger. It was nearly invisible in his hand.

4 Likes