M*CARBO Brotherhood

Availability of M Series S2K

After much research and thought I decided to purchase a SUB2K with all the MCARBO bells and whistles! I placed my order Aug 13 over the phone (because I intend to pick it up rather than ship) and was told rifles were in stock ready to be modified as ordered. Two to three weeks for that to happen. No problem, I was a happy camper!

Yesterday I called to check as the time required had passed and I had heard nothing from MCARBO. Turns out they did NOT have Kel Tec stock when I ordered and still don’t. The estimate is now 2-3 months from now - meaning 3-4 months total from the time I ordered. Needless to say, I’m disappointed - I was eager as heck to get this thing and do some shooting! I’m not backing out of the deal, but I never in my wildest thoughts guessed this would end up being a Christmas gift!

For anyone about to order an M-Series please take note! The web site STILL says these things are in stock. NOT! Please MCARBO, fix that soon.

Seems to me MCARBO could have done a better job of notifying customers of the problem. I think we all get the fact that weapons like the SUB2K are popular as hell right now, and there can be delays. Just tell us up front MCARBO; we’ll understand the situation. What I don’t like is feeling a bit mis-led!

Looking back on this post, I understand it sounds a bit like a bitch. That’s not the real intent. I think MCARBO is a class act and their products are solid. This just happens to be an area that could use a bit of attention.

11 Likes

@dougnr Nope, not at all Doug… you sound like a typical enthusiast. I think a lot of great companies, across any industry, could be even greater with better (proactive) communication.
Spoiler Alert… it’s worth the wait.

7 Likes

Good to know, but I don’t do “wait” very well. I could have done a bunch of shooting between now and December!
I appreciate your reply though sir!

3 Likes

I have to retract a statement I made in my OP. While the web site says “Available” if you actually push the button to order, it will say “Unavailable”. I can say that was not the case back in August. I had a gun in the cart ready to go but when I called customer support with a question they told me it would be better to order on the phone since I was not planning on using an FFL transfer.

2 Likes

I think I just hit the site at the right time. I was looking for parts for my 40 and there it was, bing. Called, and got order dept who said they have them, bang, paid right then and there, BOOM!

2 Likes

Sounds Like you did. When did this happen if I may ask??

1 Like

About a month ago. I know I was fortunate. I had been lookin for a G19 model for years!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

1 Like

Maybe you Could get better Results with a PM to @ChrisNelson Here or M*CARBO.

1 Like

Well, if you’re referring to the communication issue - I assume MCARBO keeps an eye on threads like this and will make adjustments to communication with their customer base if it makes sense for them to do so. If you mean the longer delay than expected to get my M-Series, it was explained to me there is a queue right now of customers all waiting. If @ChrisNelson were to help me out, it would be at the expense of another customer, and that’s not a solution I would want. In any case, it appears it was MOLON_LABE that snaked that rifle away from me! :wink: :wink: We ordered at similar times!!

5 Likes

Bro. I have literally been looking for an S2K G19 for a decade. Unless you were about to die, I have no regrets, no guilt. :innocent:

6 Likes

Well now that you mention it, I have been feeling poorly lately :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Looks like your puking, so it’s probably not C19. Sorry, nice try though :rofl:

I’ll say that in my case I ordered an M-series G17 model s2k with all mods online last week of August. It showed up at my FFL in AZ in under a month. There was a short delay for the flat trigger I had ordered but other than that it was pretty quick. I gots no complaint regarding processing from Mcarbo.

7 Likes

Welcome to the brotherhood @kannonvaggon !
Your gonna love the rifle, almost gauranteed.

Im curious if/when they’re going to start putting the new charging handle lock pin in those?!

2 Likes

Not at all, it’s a legit gripe.

2 Likes

UPDATE!

Well, my M-Series is now in hand. I made a run to Clearwater last Friday rather than have it shipped. Looking good, but I have not had time to get it to the range yet. My laser bore site tells me the front is quite a bit off - enough that I need to take a good look at whether the front assembly is a bit off. I’m not touching anything until there are holes in a target!

As of now, pretty freakin’ happy!

7 Likes

Keep us updated… Pics :+1:

2 Likes

Congratulations on your new arrival! Did you pass out cigars. How long was the labor? Enjoy your new “baby”.

A very interesting thing has happened now that I have rebuilt my stock 40. I went through a love hate love relationship with it. It was my first S2K and I found it in the multi-mag version for a reasonable retail price. Then a week later, I saw the M-series in G19, the other one I wanted for at least a decade. Before getting to the range with the 40, the 19 arrived. Pulling the trigger on the M-Series made me “turn on” my 40. I just couldn’t deal with how big the difference was. Didn’t want to waste my ammo on it.

You can see my post about my complete rebuild, but it came out perfectly. I even did the polishing that the M-Series doesn’t have from MCARBO. doing this work to the 40 has “personalized” the weapon. The trigger, everything is just like the M-Series.

If you have never done anything like that before (I had not with a gun), really, just go for it! It was fun, and well worth it. The 40 will now always have that “special” feel every time I shoot it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

6 Likes

Well, day one on the range is history. It all went very well! The iron sights weren’t far off and once dialed in the red-dot was as easy as could be to align. I was shooting a golf ball sized hole out of the targets at about 40 yards. Bottom line, I’m a happy camper!! If I have to find something to complain about, it would be the fact the M2K “feels” like shooting a .22 because it’s just plain fun! But as we all know the cost of 9mm has skyrocketed, so there is that bit of pain to deal with…

Doug

4 Likes