M*CARBO Brotherhood

🆘️ ATF's Pistol Brace comment period is open!

Well like I was afraid of, the AFT is at it again. This time making a points system for “pistol brace” equipped firearms.

Please leave a comment

• keep it professional
  • no profanity
  • making solid points helps
  • Include the agency name and docket number (ATF 2021R-08)

You can file a comment ANONYMOUSLY, for those worried about getting on a list you’re already on :wink:

That AFT has gone wild! From word on the street is there will be more to come!

I urge you to please, please leave a comment.

9 Likes

Did my part, sir!!! 20 char

9 Likes

No sitting back until you all do this. I did. I didn’t cuse, name call, or belittle anyone. I only stated facts and very respectful. … they can’t argue a thing I said.

10 Likes

done. took me 3 tries to not tell em they were short bus poo poo heads.

they dont make sense. whether you have pop up irons or no sights still deducts a point.

11 Likes

Thanks guys! Spread the word too!

@GOBLIN Buck, yes I lost my chit when I saw that. So no sights = 0 points, resembles a shoulder stock design like anything shaped like a “L” got it.

10 Likes

this one would pass . all their measurements 3 points for folder and sights. folder lengthens pull. freakin morons

25" overall length, so anything over a 7"barrel your going to have to go with the Dead foot arms system and no brace and no muzzle brake on a 10" this is a 4.5" with a boom can 3" Tailhook gen one L sits just fwd of my elbow where it should. MT 10 rnd magazine i make the weight. guess i could lose the sights and just spray and pray

11 Likes

@GOBLIN Ya get 1 point for irons/no sights and 2 points for the eye relief red dot. And hmmmmmm that brace surely looks like a shoulder stock + 1 point :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking: hide yo’ dogs Buck!

What trigger guard is that? Looks like a strike industries?

That is how stupid this crap is. Who the hell came up with this?

8 Likes

nope brace is gear head works and dot is a scout mount brunton, that is no longer made sad to say…

5 Likes

how do you like that hook?

4 Likes

I love that hook. currently that one is on a std blade pistol brace tube.
but,
when i picked up a second tail hook, for the 7 " marauder ,I had to get another tube, as the one on the 7" was a adjustable brace style, I picked up the phase 5 hex tube for it, its about 1/2 shorter than the blade tube, it move position of the hook just a 1/2 fwd, which is the sweet spot for me. wish i could do the same to the contenders, takes all the pressure off the wrist. ordered a second phase 5 for this one.

6 Likes

Not sure if I am disciplined enough for that. My immediate reaction is to shoulder anything with a brace. Just from too much muscle memory training. I would have to really practice. But that is an awesome setup there Buck. :+1:

5 Likes

do injured arm drills. just like lifting weighs. full mag mt chamber one handed fwd to count of 10 side to the count of 10 . as many reps as you can. when you get to the point you can hold it flat till the count of 20 without barrel wiggle. then its time to go to the range and lock it in.
it doesnt take long. you lock into it just like shouldering.
Tailhook makes it easier, but you can do it with any brace.
just some of the bizarre crap i do to burn time when im healing up . keeps the muscles rolling.

6 Likes

I’ll give it a try. Going to start out with my plinkster… a Ruger 10/22 Charger. Total weight loaded is 5.6 pounds.

When I am comfortable I will move up to the the big boy stuff.

Thanks again Buck! :us:

6 Likes

That’s a good workout!

5 Likes

do strong side and weak side. after the 2nd day you will be calling me a SOB but it gets easier. :crazy_face: :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

Way past that point already Buck. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Looks like time for another boating accident where I loose all my gear someplace I can’t remember……

7 Likes

Hey @Thatoneguy. When did you get here? Welcome to the Brotherhood J! :+1::us:

6 Likes

Just today. Thanks much!! Been lurking here awhile as I’ve been getting some of Chris’ fine springs but finally decided to jump in.

10 Likes

Matt from the Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) explains the proposed ATF scoring for making us all into felons. Note… Please join and donate to the FPC.

9 Likes