M*CARBO Brotherhood

Asheville Gun Show March 7-8 2020

Just around the bend! Same place and time. It’s BIG!

First purchase this time is cannon fuse! :boom: :boom: :boom:

Hope to see you there! :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

It may be better than the show here in Nashville TN. I went to my first gun show a few weeks ago in Nashville and was disappointed. All the guns were overpriced for the condition, and they would not give me half the value for my trade which was a P229 Legion in great condition. Only wanted to give me 400 bucks… no thanks!

7 Likes

I noticed people (non vendors) were allowed to be walking around with guns with “For Sale or Trade” signs on them…pretty cool.

Prices on firearms looked good to me.

Ammo cans were cheap and plentiful…I picked up 8. They’re all full now.
The $15 can is a FAT50. $8 for a 50 cal and $6 for 35 cal. I got an extra discount for buying so many…and didn’t get charged tax!

8 Likes

You generally get better return if you sell to other attendees. The business folk that buy tables need you to leave enough profit in the deal so their kids can go to college. Very common here for folks to walk the show carrying signs and flags announcing what they have for sale. Selling to a vendor is faster, easier and less profitable.

All said private sales are a non issue here in TX - don’t let me get you in trouble where you are.

9 Likes

Thanks Milton, I agree. I just did not see anything I was interested in trading. There was one individual table that has good prices on his guns, but nothing I wanted. I was able to sell my Sig on a gun site for a reasonable price, so all was good. I guess I had higher expectations for the Nashville show.

We can sell or trade with individuals in TN also, but I feel they discourage individuals from trading or buying at the show because it takes away from the vendors.

7 Likes

The wife and I vacationed in the Ashville area a couple of years ago. Great area, did the Biltmore thing and all, would love to go back. Don’t think I can make it in March tho. Unfortunately. Enjoy the show @MountainHunter.

4 Likes

I go to Gun Shows for a hand fit test, rarely do I purchase a firearm there. I pick up small things or bring a hand gun in after they check it at the door for a fit test for a holster.

5 Likes

Anyone coming to the show? Hope to see you there! :grinning:

4 Likes

I wish. But no. Bummer.

3 Likes

Gonna get me some cannon fuse and black powder! Lol :boom: :left_speech_bubble::

https://www.pyroboom.com/products.aspx?name=zipties

2 Likes

4 days to the Asheville Gun Show. Anyone coming? If ya do lunch is on me!!!.. at the gun show…
NOT SIERRA NEVADA!!!:grinning: :wave: :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

3 days to the Asheville Gun Show…get whatcha can before the virus comes to a town near you!.. :grinning: :call_me_hand: :boom: :boom: :boom:

4 Likes

Asheville Gun Show starts tomorrow. Anyone coming?
Free lunch on me. Come on over if you can!!! :wave::handshake::grinning:

FREE LUNCH ON ME!!!:eyes::grinning:

3 Likes

Well I did the show today. Same mob scene as last time. My ears are still ringing. Got everything I wanted and more. From Aquila 22LR’s to black powder and fuse for me cannon.

Had lunch by myself…:rofl: got home in time to do some shooting…:grinning:

5 Likes

The only thing I couldn’t find was 1/16” mini cannon fuse for my mini mortar. Gotta order that online tomorrow.

I did get some of the “regular cannon fuse”…maybe I can whittle it down.???.:boom::shushing_face::grinning:

5 Likes

I ordered the mini cannon fuse today.

Check out cannonfuse.com

2 Likes

Thinking of getting the next size larger mortar next…golf ball shooter…:scream_cat::grinning::boom:

After that maybe the bowling ball mortar! Lol

4 Likes

Maybe I could use that to improve my golf game :smiley:

3 Likes

@em44052 awwww geee…I just spilled my coffee!..:scream::coffee:

I just called the manufacturer and they no longer make the mortars…but will make a custom one…getting a price now.

1 Like

Cast iron golf ball mortar… $300 for me because I know the manufacturer from 30 years ago…I’m thinking about it…:boom::shushing_face:

2 Likes