M*CARBO Brotherhood

Armorers wrench not fitting

I purchased the pro bundle so I could include the armors wrench. I went to use it and it does not fit my gen 2 s2k. Has anyone else had issues with the wrench not fitting? I’m calling tomorrow am.

2 Likes

What part exactly is it not fitting?

1 Like

The wrench fit my collar but was useless when trying to remove those damn safety E clips. I ended up using a couple small screwdrivers to slowly work them off. Just make sure you lay down a couple layers of masking tape to protect the finish.

4 Likes

2 Likes

As you can see from my photos. The wrench is too small to go over the collar. I’m just guessing that kel-tech has changed the collar nut again???This is a gen 2. I just purchased at Christmas time. Still have not shot it. I’m going to send it to m carbo to see what they think. Thanks guys and gals!

2 Likes

Did you check with Mcarbo to see if they sent the right wrench? I used a cloth and adjustable wrench.

Have you tried using a hammer?

1 Like

LOL! That and a punch are in fact how I removed the collar on mine.
Left a few scratches but the firearm is meant to be used and not a show piece in any case.

2 Likes

Naaa that’s a little overkill… as if I went squirrel hunting with a bazooka. Lol Somewhere along the line Keltech changed up the castle nut on the back. Now it’s made out of plastic instead of metal. Just in case anybody else is wondering. Have a good day!

2 Likes

A bazooka, why not throw a purse at it? Every serious squirrel hunter knows you the only way to shoot one of those dodgy tree ferrets is to use a railgun.:sweat_smile::joy::rofl: image

3 Likes

I have the metal collar, so cant verify, but it looks like the very end of your plastic collar has 90degree opposed notches that would line up to the inner wrench cutout. I see from your pics that you are only showing the misfitment of the collar to the end of the wrench.

Call, and let us know what Mcarbo customer service says before you send it in.

1 Like

:ok_hand:t2: you have to clean it… lol. If we use a flame thrower, would it technically be cooked? You are funny!! You know they say education is expensive. Good luck!

1 Like

Apparently, Caltech has designed a different collar for the second generation they were metal now they’re plastic. Thanks to everyone for the input, I greatly appreciate everyone’s help. Y’all be safe, and God bless America!

Ya, i got that, but im not sure you answered my question. Does the 4 pin hole in the wrench not fit those 4 notches in your plastic collar?

Negative. Did not fit either hole.

1 Like

Heres an old thread, worth a read on the differences and solutions to that nut . Sounds like the wrench was only intended for the metal nut. Plastic one is only held on with glue.

Absolutely. I called mcarbo and they include the wrench in the package. It is meant for the metal castle but. The plastic one not needed.

Glue is what holds it in place…

Thanks again all…

2 Likes

For the record… shame on keltec for not making the plastic nut with a keyed pattern to match the prior metal versions, just for consistency sake…:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I have the gen 2 as well. I found that the nut is not a nut but just a plastic sleeve that slides over the plastic receiver and held on with a little dab of glue (I guess I was expecting more from a $230 carbine, shame on me). It will just pull off. Mcarbo should ask if your sleeve is plastic or an aluminum nut before having the option to buy like with other items on their site.

Yes. You still need to grab the nut to break the glue loose.