Arm Braces or short barrel rifle

I feel you. I also respect my estimations attributing your intellect and ability to respect a code.

I don’t feel the same regarding your associates.

In fact, the section I quoted, is the deficiency I measure in your associates.

This would be one heck of a greater place if we could infect folks with an integrity producing virus (I don’t miss the irony here).

I cited an example of somethimg I think was a wicked mistake a few posts back. I did not reveal my opinions, but it is one that would surprise many folks who only know me casually.

Keep fighting the good fight. Fight it according to your code. Please, never forget, your code makes you different from some of your associates.

Now that Discourse has let me know I can PM instead of reply’g again, I might be mature enough to table this one. Our camps make us neighbors - we should do dinner or drinks some day.

4 Likes

You can always PM. I have respected you and your opinions from my earliest days on the Forum.
AMEND And dinner or drinks sounds fun.

4 Likes

And that’s what is such a shame. :worried:
Larry

6 Likes

I could get a disabled permit easy. Just been fighting it like a plague.lol

Wonder if it would get me out of registering my pistols :thinking: :roll_eyes:
Larry :rofl:

Just my opinion.
Government: Sure you can have short barrels, 100 round drum magazines, automatic weapons in any configuration you like.

We the People: No your magazines are restricted, you have to do this or that for you to have this or that. Oh no there is rules that apply for that. Special fees for that. This for form for that.

Just a big game anymore.
Joe it is just one side trying to circumvent the other. One big difference to me is that we are not violating the US Constitution, they are and always have been.

7 Likes

I read through a lot of the Introduction to the Unified Agenda of Federal Regulatory and Deregulatory Actions-Fall 2021 related to the ATF and through much of the related RIN. Nowhere have I found anything that mentions that these proposals have actually gone into effect as of August 2022, but rather that date was the final date for action on it. I have yet to find anything that states the rule is in effect. As near as I can tell it is still considered a proposal.

Someone please post a definitive source ruling for this if there is one of which you are aware.

Also, the ATF Rule on 80% receivers was slapped with a TRO by a Texas Federal judge so I wouldn’t expect this to go unchallenged either if and when they do settle it, if not already settled.

4 Likes

Malcolm
That is all accurate information. I think you may have missed this part of this thread where I added information. There no rule as of yet and I hope the fight continues after December.

ADDING SOME ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON MY POST.**
September 5, 2022
According to a status report on Second Amendment Foundation v. Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms , the ATF received 211,564 comments during the public comment period on the proposed pistol brace rule.

“The agency has since processed all of those comments and is presently in the process of drafting the final rule, which includes preparing responses to comments and engaging in other deliberative activities. The agency currently expects to publish a final rule in December 2022.”

From that date you would have 120 days to comply. However it apparently it isn’t over with as far as the litigation.

Second Amendment Foundation v. Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms ,
The parties respectfully request that they be permitted to file an additional joint status report
on or before January 6, 2023, indicating whether this matter should remain stayed. In the event that the parties are of the view that the stay should be lifted, they will include in the joint status report a proposed schedule for continuing this litigation.
Dated: June 27, 2022

Larry :us:

6 Likes

I absolutely did miss that, thank you for pointing it out to me.

:beers: :beers:

1 Like

Absolutely. Already own the stock for my .300 BO shorty.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Folks … trap is correct. If you send a picture to ATF, please ensure you have a legal right to it as configured in the picture.

And, I hope y’all 'member “constructive intent” will be a thing again if they think it can fly.

8 Likes

Thanks a lot Scott for posting this guys updates. I think they are very beneficial to all of us that currently have pistols with a brace.

Larry

Thumbs up icon_zpsgqutghil

5 Likes

No arm brace…

6 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

Well I’m definitely one of those all Spun up individuals. I think William is doing a great service here.

Yea I know he’s got a business to run with advertisement.
But this is really excellent advice for those with pistol brace concerns.

Larry

PS and thanks AGAIN Scott for posting his videos on the subject :+1:

4 Likes

If it comes down to it, I will replace the barrel on my ar9 pistol with a 16" barrel and make it a rifle. I already have the barrel and handguard.

7 Likes

I just fast forward his advertising lol

3 Likes

To some that is a good way. For me 2 sigs 2 CZs Plus that would be a LOT of bucks.
I’m going to listen to William and not freak out until December.
And even then I hope it stays it court until hell freezes over… :rage:
Larry

6 Likes

Or …

Get’s bounced with the grand infringement that is the NFAI.

4 Likes
2 Likes