Are You Reading A Good Book?

I have started to read a good book… MEDITATE NOW: A BLUEPRINT TO QUIETING YOUR MIND. I always like to ‘see’ what new things/ideas are generated from reading materials! Big smiles!

5 Likes

Finished reading the new Jack Reacher book and passed it on to a friend to read. The new Michael Savage book is next…

4 Likes

i like the michael connoly and james patterson but get a bit tired of alex cross and his nana mama

1 Like

No Shortcuts to the Top about Ed Viesturs mountaineering days and Into Thin Air by John Krakauer are my two all time favorites :+1:t2:

2 Likes

@Kona You mean they make more books other than the Bible and the USMC field guide manual? :astonished:

9 Likes

@Partsed, I enjoyed the Jack Reacher movie version. I guess a ‘good movie’ makes one lazy to some degree? WE all need to read a little more? lol

4 Likes

@Kona titled Bible and the USMC field guide manual for starters? lol

2 Likes

I have started to read a good book… MEDITATE NOW: A BLUEPRINT TO QUIETING YOUR MIND. I always like to ‘see’ what new things/ideas are generated from reading materials! Big smiles!

3 Likes

I like the kind of books with pictures in them and the ones you can color in really put me at ease. :laughing:

8 Likes

@dave67, I like the ones with pictures as well. If I don’t have the coloring books, my cats put me at ease! lol

2 Likes

Don’t read alot of books, but listen to lots of audiobooks. I was given the Audiobook “One Second After” years ago and that book got me hooked. Have probably listened to over 100 TEOTWAWKI audiobooks since then.

5 Likes

Currently reading behold a pale horse by Milton William Cooper and new world order by Ralph Epperson. Also need to read grey dawn by Peter Perterson and aftermath (a great state) by Shelby Gallager. And a few others. I’m getting really behind, even lagging on my manga.

3 Likes

I don’t read novels much anymore - I usually take the lazy way out and watch a movie if I want to indulge in a story. The Revenant is one of the best I’ve seen in years now. I really need to get into audio books - I have the perfect job for it. Most of the reading I do anymore is something instructional or informative. Lately I’ve been reading “How to modify and rebuild Rochester Quadrajet Carburetors”, " The Automotive Electrical Handbook", “Gold Creeks and Ghost Towns of Northeastern Washington”, and " Washington Rocks! a Guide to Geology in the Evergreen State". After I restore my old Jeep I’m going to do a little prospecting - there’s still gold to be found up here :wink: :+1:

9 Likes

The last couple of books I read by lee Child, the jack reacher series, don’t matter which one, I think they are all good. I like the way Lee Child writes and they are easy reads. If you like the subject matter of Reacher series, then these good captivating/ entertaining books. You won’t learn how to do brain surgery or become self accualized reading these books, but that’s not what you are reading them for

5 Likes

The things I need to read I put next to the toilet. It’s the only time I can take time to sit still. It seems I barely take the time on the puter checking email or to order parts. Body in motion stays in motion. Now since not only stealing guns they steal another persons pain meds and overdose themselves. I’m the one to blame and suffer for it. Told to slow down and meditate for my pain. Goes against all they tell you about growing old. Blame the pills for the overdoses blame the guns for the killing, blame all the Japs for Pearl, blame a cop for shooting a man acting like he was going to shoot you instead of doing what he was told to not move. I do believe in the paperwork and background checks. FBI needs to follow thru with problems starting at younger level. To much of their time trying to find a dirty past with the President is taking their time away from a real job.

1 Like

I think I’ve established my carnivorous Brotherhood credentials here enough to let it slip that sometimes I do go both ways. Can’t eat meat at EVERY meal. Gift from my vegan daughter in the Bay Area, this vegetarian cookbook reads like it was written by antifa.

Despite using language not suitable for MCARBO Forum (they swear like they really really mean it, but you know there’s a difference between how a Marine swears, and a soy boy from Castro District in SF swears, just sayin’) they got some really good stuff in here. Like a Bike Lok Wok Black Bean Hash. Swing it baby! Dessert MF’ers!! Which hipsters need with their carmel macchiato latte after a rough day battling at the Front Lines of a prayer group protest in Portland. Yep lotta good ideas in here I’ll be sure to get to🙄

On the bright side, she also gave me a vegetable spiralizer which I get great use out of.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s a good book but I have been reading the zimmatic pivot manual this morning to try to fix a broken centre pivot interesting reading lol

4 Likes

I just finished reading KILLING THE SS and I am now reading KILLING PATTON by Bill O’Reilly, I have ready almost all of his recent books. These two books are the best so far, easy read, interesting, factual, historical.

Paul

3 Likes

@Craig75 having 3 Zimmatics in the field behind my property I actually know what those are!

3 Likes

@Papapaul. I enjoy easy read and interesting books. I dont enjoy slow starts, either! It was that way in school. I had a 2nd grade teacher that I will ‘never’ forget. Her name was Mrs. Zacheridas (as in hipopodemas…) LOL She should never have been a teacher! I was one of those people that could not distinguish black nor white. I always made it interesting for the group. It was always GRAY… I could prove it, too! Guess she got tired and won that battle? Needless to say, it turned reading into a chore!

1 Like