M*CARBO Brotherhood

Are we getting too cookie cutter with the Subs?

My dad was a Nebraska State Trooper for 29 years and was one their first airplane pilots! He past about a month and half ago due to diabetes and kidney failure! Looking at half American Flag half State Patrol blue with his badge and wings and dates! It’s in my head! I can see it! I just have to put it out!

7 Likes

@69Goat

I am a 30-year ‘veteran’ fighting diabetes type2. I have been insulin-dependent for the past 15 years. I have been taking Gabapentin for my polyneuropathy and chronic pain medications for my degenerative disc disorder. Spirit has been with me since 2012. I had four stent replacements due to two massive heart attacks… I .am so blessed still being here. :pray: One just has to make the most out of life, know that the creator is in control of ALL things. Make sure that you treat others how you would treat yourself (seems to work…) :thinking: :heart_eyes: :triumph:

9 Likes

First off thank you for your service! My dad was on insulin for many many years then probably 6yrs ago he had kidney failure and went on dialysis! That aged him probably 20yrs and slowly ate him up! I think the birth of my daughter kept him going longer then what he would have with out her! His quality of life was bad at the end! I’m so grateful for the 5yrs he had with her and my wife and I will make sure she will not forget not that she ever will! The two of them had a very tight relationship! He was 69! Please stay on top of it! I wish the best for you and your family!

6 Likes

No Gun Smiths or Shops that do the Powder Coating or Anodizing Here in JUNO Town ! :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

@69Goat

Brad, I believe that ‘we’ have very many similarities and traits??? Wow! If you are putting two firearms together and you already have your 223/566 set-up, I would go for a 7" Maurador pistol. I don’t know how much control you have with your arms, but you can handle a 300 Black Out/458 SOCOM. I am sure you want to be ‘different?’ My diabetic ‘challenges’ will not handle those calibers so I have to become a little more creative? I want to CORRECT a statement you had made earlier. I cannot meet your expectations of calling me a VETERAN. I am ‘just’ a BROTHER OF ARMS per se… In 1993 I had taken the placement test for the ARMY. The recruiter called me the next morning, almost begging me to set up an appointment for a physical. Unfortunately, it was found out that I had ‘full-blown’ diabetes. I was immediately refused to go any further with my application. Both the recruiter and I felt disenchanted by the results of my tests. However, both my wife (Veteran Airforce) and my father (Veteran Army) shared their pride of me. My father was a tough man to convince… If it were ‘possible,’ I have be more proud of my family than with myself (no 'judgement on myself

6 Likes

@DivaMarie

So (Juno) is the ‘hub center’ to both your firearms’ and (WALLMART) to your shopping needs??

6 Likes

That’s funny I’ve been eyeballing that Maurader for quite sometime now! 300 I have the mags for but the 458 is cool and not to many around here have! As far as service at least you went and applied which is more then what I did! But I think back on things I did and didnt do as a kid and wonder if I would be where i am and have the ever expanding family that i have now and grateful for!

5 Likes

:rofl: @69Goat

One ‘other’ investigation that I would perform, @69Goat, :innocent: https://www.armorcore.com/ Well brother, I believe that ‘great minds’ think alike??? :grin: :grin: If you have those hex wrench drivers, you can give them to your wife, if she is ‘also’ the tool ‘hoarder?’ That would be a ‘no brainer’ with my wife… I am ALWAYS trying to cut ways in which to save. I guess that I would get my money back and take her out to a ‘lunch special…’ If your purchase was at a Lowe’s or Home Depote, I would suspect that there is a Chinese Restaurant, Chick Filet, Mc D, or sumething that you can ‘stop’ and acknowledge your honey.

4 Likes

@DivaMarie

My guess is that everything goes to Ankerage, AK? When I was a GMPP Claim Representative back in the early 1990’s I had remembered dealing with car dealerships there and there were no other towns, at that time.

5 Likes

NEGATIVE !! No Wallmart here’ they went Under/Tits up’ 1 Fred Meyers No sporting goods/ Guns and Fun Stuff’ And 1 Sportsmens Whare House’ But they just got here a little over a 2 years ago. They just figured out how to get 22 Magnum and keep it around for all the PMR"S they are selling’
But I have been Buying from Ammo Supply Whare House in Panrump, Nevada for Years since the big Hoard and Ammo Scare’ I pay the Hazards Material Fee and they deliver to my door Via the big Hold Up Anchorage’ UPS, Or I put in ground on the Slow Canoe for $80 Per Hundred pounds.

7 Likes

@lonewolf Team Toyota/Honda Hut’ In Juneau Took over GMC mid 90’s When no one Else in Town Wanted the Head Aches and the Rest of the Story’ Is History I didnt and would work on them’ After the Quality Control of the Honda and Toyota Products and Their Great tech lines and Support.

6 Likes

@DivaMarie

Tony,

Alaska has always ‘enticed’ me to move out there. I also see costs being extremely ‘expensive.’ The shipping of motor vehicles and many of the ‘toys’ seems like you are paying EXTREME ‘luxury taxes?’ I do not know how affordable ‘she is,’ especially to the elder and the disabled. I watch a lot of ‘network television’ and find that the Alaskan Eskimos (Inuits) in the more remote areas suffer very much the same fate as ‘our people’ from many of the reservations in the lower 48. Many circumstances from ALL areas are becoming SAD.

By the way, I had figured out that you had ALWAYS been a GM’man ever since reading all your earlier posts! My guess is that you had quit being a service tech when the service center ‘sold out’ to the Toyota dealership? Many thanks for enlightening me about Alaska… :grin:

9 Likes

@lonewolf dont worry about it my native son its a selfish world out there you do your build nobody in the brotherhood will judge you or think your selfish

9 Likes

I would totally be down with a new stock option

4 Likes

Not really a lot of options as far as changing parts out, but you can still personalize it.

9 Likes

Wow! Very nice! I like that alot!

6 Likes

That’s gorgeous. Ive wanted to do mine just like this. I love fde and black. I have an AR47 like that to.

6 Likes

Ive posted these pics of my sub here before but this thred seemed like a good place to show them again. All the mcarbo internal parts which i love plus the hydrographics i put on it and the 50 round drum is lots of fun.

9 Likes

I love that digital camo on those! Very nice! How hard was the hydrodip?

8 Likes

Hydrographics are easy with a little practice. Ive been doing it for last couple years as my side job. I have posted alot of my own guns and some customers on here that i have dipped. I started it to do my stuff but it really has started keeping me busy in my spare time. And if anyone here is wanting to try it therselves. Id be happy to try and walk you threw it. Just pm me for any questions.

9 Likes