M*CARBO Brotherhood

Are we getting too cookie cutter with the Subs?

@DivaMarie

Tony,

Alaska has always ‘enticed’ me to move out there. I also see costs being extremely ‘expensive.’ The shipping of motor vehicles and many of the ‘toys’ seems like you are paying EXTREME ‘luxury taxes?’ I do not know how affordable ‘she is,’ especially to the elder and the disabled. I watch a lot of ‘network television’ and find that the Alaskan Eskimos (Inuits) in the more remote areas suffer very much the same fate as ‘our people’ from many of the reservations in the lower 48. Many circumstances from ALL areas are becoming SAD.

By the way, I had figured out that you had ALWAYS been a GM’man ever since reading all your earlier posts! My guess is that you had quit being a service tech when the service center ‘sold out’ to the Toyota dealership? Many thanks for enlightening me about Alaska… :grin:

9 Likes

@lonewolf dont worry about it my native son its a selfish world out there you do your build nobody in the brotherhood will judge you or think your selfish

9 Likes

I would totally be down with a new stock option

4 Likes

Not really a lot of options as far as changing parts out, but you can still personalize it.

11 Likes

Wow! Very nice! I like that alot!

6 Likes

That’s gorgeous. Ive wanted to do mine just like this. I love fde and black. I have an AR47 like that to.

7 Likes

Ive posted these pics of my sub here before but this thred seemed like a good place to show them again. All the mcarbo internal parts which i love plus the hydrographics i put on it and the 50 round drum is lots of fun.

13 Likes

I love that digital camo on those! Very nice! How hard was the hydrodip?

8 Likes

Hydrographics are easy with a little practice. Ive been doing it for last couple years as my side job. I have posted alot of my own guns and some customers on here that i have dipped. I started it to do my stuff but it really has started keeping me busy in my spare time. And if anyone here is wanting to try it therselves. Id be happy to try and walk you threw it. Just pm me for any questions.

9 Likes

My mcarbo cheek pad came in and the recoil reducing charging handle. I put the red recoil rubber piece in to. Then added strike ind mlok rail covers for better grip. Just bought a happy stick.

13 Likes

What did you use for paint? I have the Midnight Bronze, and am looking for an accent color to paint the stock and rails.

1 Like

The stock is from Keltec. The rest is rail covers. No paint required.
I’ve added a few more touches of tan to it. I’ll have to add new pics.

3 Likes

Agreed. I’m constantly looking into modding mine

Post mcarbo mods of course:)

6 Likes

This weapon wasn’t intended to fight the Russian Army people… Give it a rest!

3 Likes

Gotta disagree a little, @00Buck, and this isn’t meant as a criticism. Many people treat their guns like they treat a car, a boat, or a bike - they like to make them into something a little special, different from everyone else or just to try out ideas to see if they fly. If it gives you pleasure, why is it wrong? If it helps you shoot better, what’s the problem? If you’re not interested, simply move on to the next topic, but please don’t harsh a brother’s buzz.

14 Likes

Having owned nine Harleys I get what you are saying. It is that desire for something special, unique or innovative that has driven the firearms aftermarket to the level it is today. I don’t think I have owned a single firearm or bike that is stock.
OK, so last week I bought my 10th Harley. an ElectraGlide Ultra Classic Limited, and no it’s not stock anymore. Park it next to 100 of them and I know which is mine.

5 Likes

Well there isn’t many options for the S2K besides Mcarbo. I don’t want any external mods that interferes with its foldability or compactness. No protruding side mounts. I’m not into flashlights under the barrel that look cool but give away your position, same for lasers. I would like a reasonable set of sights about 1" higher and not spend $200. For $33 I added a simple reflex sight and riser, goes on in about 10 seconds, and works fine without it, though a bit uncomfortable to shoot. On and off, it stays consistent.
What I’m adding is reliability enhancements, longer charging handle, the one finger is hard on arthritic fingers, Mcarbos 2-finger fits the need perfectly. I don’t want hair triggers for they are unsafe in some situations, I shoot just as well with the the standard pull. Also adding the aluminum trigger gurad because it’s better than plastic, and the SS feed ramp because it’s better than plastic. Don’t need cool looking triggers or anything else that just looks cool, I want function and will spend the saved money on ammo, THAT I always need more of.
To each their own for sure. The camo above does look super cool and that I do like, but what if you drop it in the forest? You’ll never find it !! Looks great.

7 Likes

Sarcasism was meant… Sheesh

2 Likes

Exactly an they all look the same but … some work better an must not have been made on a Monday or Friday)

3 Likes

sometimes you just need more accessories. I just want a decent sight and like the reflex sight, recently ordered a 50mm red dot, quick release. I prefer minimal when packing it up. The beauty of our hobby is the endless varieties of accessories and combinations of. Some of the exterior finishes are fantastic too.
Picked up this scope, with laser and another reflex on it for $88 on eBay, eye relief is like 2" so it’s fairly useless on the S2K, it does have an illuminated recital which is cool, I may mount it on the 10/22 one day.
Was just burning up some paypal credits I had, good time to pick up gadgets.
What I want is decent flip up sights tall enough to stop the scrunching for a sight picture.

4 Likes