M*CARBO Brotherhood

Are we getting too cookie cutter with the Subs?

All Things SUB-2000!
I’m going to try to do this without sounding like a whiny little bitch! But I dont think its possible! Lol!
Another thing is that this is by no means a dig on Mcarbo! All of their products are excellent and look great!
It’s just that most Subs I see all look the same! I guess what I’m getting is what has everyone done if anything to personalize their Subs and still kept it simple with loading it down with useless crap? Maybe since Mcarbo leads the way in aftermarket parts for the Sub they could offer more options/variety!? Definitely could come up with a new stock! I mean DAMN! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

I’m not that hung up on it. As long as everything is performing as it should then I
Okay with them looking the same. I have al the mcarbo upgrades and then some (front sight) the only thing I’d care to change is maybe the forearm but it isn’t bad as is.

I see where some guys paint theirs… black is fine with me…I did buy a couple 30 round magazines. I will hopefully test them out this weekend

7 Likes

I got mine in OD Green! I also need to pick up a few more mags and maybe one more 30rd glock mag! I still absolutely need the extended mag release! Looking at muzzle breaks but find myself going back to the Mcarbo break! Lol!

6 Likes

13 Likes

That’s cool! Are the screws anodized?

6 Likes

Yes anodized colored aluminum in different colors from Hobby Mart on line

6 Likes

@69Goat you design it and im sure chris will have a go at making it , it seem to me that a lot of guys want something done but dont know what they want only someone else to do the hard work for them

7 Likes

Oh I totally agree! That’s why I said in the original post that I’m going to try not sound like a whiny bitch! Lol! Trust me I have ideas in my head. But with the time of year I cant justify buying an extra stock and buffer tube plug just so I can start hacking them up! The wife would probably shoot me! Lol! That being said I really like the Minimalist Stock for my AR…that charging handle really throws a curve ball in things! Lol!

7 Likes

I agree with you 100 percent, a new stock would be awesome!!! I put up a post as well asking for mcarbos spin on flip up front sights for the sub2k!

6 Likes

@69Goat

I have tried many muzzle brakes over the years and I can say that the Mcarbo brake not only looks great but the design is spot on, porting on top to “force” muzzle down and slanted porting on sides to “pull” muzzle forward.

9 Likes

Yep that’s what I was looking at as well!

8 Likes

@DivaMarie
Nice color choice!!:v::v:
Way Cool!!:v::v:

8 Likes

That’s awesome! The contrast with the blue and black!

9 Likes

@69Goat

Brad, I have had your very same feelings ever since I have been invited to the MCarbo Team. However, I cannot ever ‘gloat enough’ about how well the brotherhood gets along with one another!!! I have not got on FB/other social media since (other than inboxing a few of my friends since I do not enjoy talking on the phone!) @ChrisNelson @TOMMCARBO and the design team I have been trying to force my ‘80%’ BUILDING ENTHUSIASM in order to show my own individualism on a SUB2K. The possibilities are really endless, however, when one does not own a lathe/CNC device, one’s mind is ‘stuck’ in a type of copycat mode??? If you are a .223 to .458 SOCOM builder the FORGED lowers offer so much more ‘flexibility’ with their builds that more ‘personality’ is reflected in their choices, just my personal opinion! MCarbo trigger kits ‘rock…’ I am sure if one has a certain design to share using a (3D program/mechanical drawing clearly explaining your ‘vision’) @ChrisNelson @TOMMCARBO would look into making an appropriate prototype. I am not sure of the ‘legality issues.’ other than a simple affidavit and signing off of your idea giving MCarbo the rights to reproduce and commit to the building of the ‘new product…’

6 Likes

@DivaMarie

The anodizing reminds me of how I got into the hobby of powder coating. That got too expensive because of all the sandblasting and ‘self-containing’ blasting (gloves, housings, etc.) Just a few items that had to be sold for the divorce lawyer? :roll_eyes: Things that bring up memories? :innocent: :innocent: :wink:

6 Likes

Yep I’m the exact same! I built my first complete lower and still have to decide on an upper for it! I have an 80% lower but still need to buy a jig! I also have planned a tribute AR for my dad! I have short thumbs so like I said the extended mag release is a must have for me! I like the butt pad but I am not sure if it will work for me since I’m already on the middle hole! I’m more on the side of keeping it simple and not hanging a bunch of stuff on my gun just because!

4 Likes

@69Goat

That is a ‘sensational’ idea. My father was an Army Veteran (69’ thru 71’.) We had lost him in 2014, due to lung cancer. He was not sent overseas. I did not nor have the opportunity to build anything as a ‘tribute’ to him. I could do one now, but I would have to (pray on it) for I feel that if I had built one now, others may think that I am selfish??? :pray: :thinking:

5 Likes

My dad was a Nebraska State Trooper for 29 years and was one their first airplane pilots! He past about a month and half ago due to diabetes and kidney failure! Looking at half American Flag half State Patrol blue with his badge and wings and dates! It’s in my head! I can see it! I just have to put it out!

7 Likes

@69Goat

I am a 30-year ‘veteran’ fighting diabetes type2. I have been insulin-dependent for the past 15 years. I have been taking Gabapentin for my polyneuropathy and chronic pain medications for my degenerative disc disorder. Spirit has been with me since 2012. I had four stent replacements due to two massive heart attacks… I .am so blessed still being here. :pray: One just has to make the most out of life, know that the creator is in control of ALL things. Make sure that you treat others how you would treat yourself (seems to work…) :thinking: :heart_eyes: :triumph:

9 Likes

First off thank you for your service! My dad was on insulin for many many years then probably 6yrs ago he had kidney failure and went on dialysis! That aged him probably 20yrs and slowly ate him up! I think the birth of my daughter kept him going longer then what he would have with out her! His quality of life was bad at the end! I’m so grateful for the 5yrs he had with her and my wife and I will make sure she will not forget not that she ever will! The two of them had a very tight relationship! He was 69! Please stay on top of it! I wish the best for you and your family!

6 Likes