M*CARBO Brotherhood

Are Gen 1 & Gen 2 Screws Compatible?

I ordered my complete trigger kit and all a while back then I messed my hands up and I couldn’t do the upgrades today I finally got around to doing the upgrade when I went to put the screws in they seem like they don’t fit like they’re different thread are there a difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2 screws because the pack I have says gen 1

3 Likes

@Whitehammer I just checked the M*Carbo site and it says * Functions in both the KEL TEC SUB 2000 Gen 2 & Gen 1 for the trigger job bundle. Are you using the grip pins that came with the bundle?

3 Likes

Yes I am. Even the Allen wrench that a got from doesn’t fit the new screws that came in the kit

4 Likes

It’s killing me since my hands have been messed up I haven’t been able to go shooting and now my s2k is out of Commission

3 Likes

question, does it have the blue loctite painted on the screws? also, when you screw in how many turns in they go before they get tight?

3 Likes

No blue loctite. And only a couple

2 Likes

i have had anodize build up on threads before causing them to feel tight normally I run plated/anodized/coated screws and bolts thru a die nut, and a tap thru the threaded holes to prevent finish bind on thread issues. then i apply my locktite.

3 Likes

What about the Allen wrench being to big to fit the screws? That’s why I’m wondering if they are even the correct screws.

2 Likes

allen wrenches can get mixed up and miss packed when a company sells more than 1 size bolt ect… what size are the bolts/screws that you have ?

2 Likes

The wrenches in the pack are 2.5mm the one I have that fits the screws is a 3/32. I can’t find my metric set.image

1 Like

let me check my new set (ones i picked up for the gen 2)

1 Like

@Whitehammer The 2.5mm wrench is the correct size for the screws. Looks like they got a batch of screws mixed up . Send MCARBO a message Monday. They’ll make it right.

4 Likes

@Whitehammer @Don68 same as i got here. 2.5 on the wrench size. can screw the screw into the tube with slight resistance.

3 Likes

Called and talked to mcarbo today they are going send me gen 2 screws

6 Likes

When I did my kit . I had the same problem. The new screws wouldn’t fit the new pins. With that said. My old screws fit the new pins just fine. Also macarbo made good on the situation and sent me the correct screws. Nothing but love

6 Likes